Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Scoop on the Poop

Neil had a very interesting morning with Bennett this morning. I cannot imagine how bad it was! So sad I missed it. When I received the e-mails Neil wrote to me later in the day...he made it sound hilarious. I know it will be funny for us to look back on this one day so that is why I am posting this for our blog book. It is really funny how talking about poop with your spouse is sort of an everyday thing when you are a parent.

Here are the texts that we exchanged this morning:

Neil: "Bennett smeared poop all over his room this morning after you left. It was all over him and all over his bed."

Me: "I didn't know that. I'm sorry."

Neil: "It's ok this morning was awful :("

Me: "I'm sorry."



I wrote Neil an e-mail later so that I could get some more details. I left this morning with Bennett clean and happy in his bed. Rebecca was in there when I left so I thought everything was fine and dandy like any other morning.

Me: "Where was the poo? Am I going to have a disaster to clean up when I get home?"

Neil: "No I already handled it. I got as much of it off the bumper as I could and sprayed oxy clean on the spots. Since you would not answer your phone this morning I then put it in a garbage bag because I had no idea of what to do with it. I cleaned the bed with hot water and bleach and then Lysoled the hell out of everything in his room. It was literally one of the worst things I have ever experienced in my life."

Me: "It was really all over everything? I am so sorry. You should have just left it. We will have to take the bumper to the cleaners. How did he get the poop out of his diaper?"

Neil: "Rebecca picked him up after you left then I heard her dry heaving in the bathroom, I asked what was going on and then I saw...... I freaked out b/c I didn't know what to do he reached back in his diaper and had poop all over his hand and looked at it and said "awe man" it was all over him his back his clothes. I put him in the shower and hosed him off and scrubbed him down. It was on the bed, the bumper and him it smelled awful. I tied a shirt around my head and put a fresh diaper next to my nose to keep me from throwing up. I guess this restricted my airflow because when I picked him up out of the bath I literally almost blacked out. That was the closest I have ever been to fainting. I almost just called it a day at that point."



I received that e-mail during my last class and I could not contain my laughter! I was dying laughing and had tears in my eyes! I just read it to my mom and she could not stop laughing either. Neil is such a good dad to take care of all of that...I'm not sure I would have been so good at it!


10 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! I am laughing out loud!!! What a good dad Neil is for knowing how to clean all that up! I really think Matthew would have just left it. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! Poor Neil...but he did a great job! Hopefully we will see you all sometime soon. We have been way too busy...miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to share this with Josh b/c he would have done the exact same thing as Neil!!! I can just picture him with that shirt/diaper gas mask!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is hilarious. I love his diaper mask! Cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is HILARIOUS!!! I'm dying over here just imagining Neil with the head concoction!!! So glad you posted this - I know it wasn't funny during but such a fun memory for years to come!!! Yes, only parents can find poop so hilarious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have laughing out loud right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely hilarious! I don't know what I would've done if that happened to me. Once when Kyle was watching Caroline she took her diaper off in her bed and was slinging it around. Kyle ran up stairs and prayed the entire time that she didn't go to the bathroom before he got upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I am expecting the worst now that Sophie is so inquisitive about everything and is kind of sneaky when she needs to be. I'm sure we'll experience something like this eventually! The worst I've ever had to do was get poop out of the bathtub!

    Tell Neil he is a good daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahahaha I laughed so hard! It makes it so much funnier because I know how sensitive Neil's gag reflexes are! haha Way to go Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive Neil!!!! That is hilarious! Neil did an amazing job! Might be worthy of the dad of the year award!!! I have heard stories of kids doing this very thing and they warned me to only buy one piece pjs..... but I don's of course! WOW I am literally dying right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...