Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live-Nursery Edition




This week we will be looking at Bennett's room! This is one room that I love because I had so much fun choosing all of the fabric and all of the accessories! I call it "Sophisticated Baby!!" I found this really awesome plaid dupioni silk at Milling Around. Well, it was SO expensive! I looked up the manufacturer and they told me a few places that may have it cheaper. I ended up finding it $20 cheaper per yard! I was thrilled!

Welcome to Bennett's room! This is the wreath on the door to my hospital room door. It hangs on his door now.


This is the view right when you walk in the door. I think the panels turned out great. My friend, Emme made them and everything else you will see in here.


Here is the glider that Pops (my dad) bought for his room. The shelf above is really a mantle that I bought from Lowes. I stained it to match his crib. All of the items on the "shelf" are sweet things that were given to us and older sentimental items.


This lamp shade was one thing I wanted so bad! My old boss and his wife gave it to us.


These little bronze booties are my dad's. I think they are so sweet sitting in Bennett's room. Aunt Rebecca gave him that little tooth fairy pillow.


Here is his dresser/changing table. We have another shelf that can go above the changing pad when we get out of diapers! I keep his diapers in the top drawer so they don't take up too much space on top. The hostesses of my last baby shower gave me the sweet scripture board on top. I love it. Bennett already has a little library too!



Here is Bennett's crib. It is a convertible one! Neil and I painted the little paintings above the bed. I used an overhead to make them. The bedding is SO luxurious. I think it turned out so cute! I found the mobile on Target.com. It is so contemporary. The little camera on top is for our video baby monitor. I really enjoy having it so I can look over and check on him all night!  I have now taken out the bumper pad.  He is starting to roll over and I am so scared of SIDS!


Here is Bennett is in "wheels!" He loves this little car. We have a phonebook underneath so his legs don't dangle!



Thanks for stopping by today! Stay tuned for next week's room!

8 comments:

  1. Cute room for such a cute baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the room and the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room is so beautiful or handsome! :) I love the way that you have decorated and love that dark furniture! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bennett's pad looks great. I bet he is so at home sleeping in such a wonderfully decorated room. I can't wait to see what's on tap for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bronzed shoes and monogrammed lamp shade. Just goregous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room. I love the monogramed lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great room! Love the color combo that you used. And the curtains are really striking. Your son is a QT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...