Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Bennett's Awards Assembly

Bennett's awards assembly was great.  Nana and Granddad were able to be there for it!  Bennett was awarded all A's in conduct and  A/B honor roll all year.  Talk about some proud people!  We were beaming with pride!





We are so proud of our boy!  He is excelling and it is wonderful!

We went to Grub after and Henry could not keep his hand off Granddad!

Lewis crew!

I did get a little sad for the 3 kids who didn't get anything.  I've never been one of those people who thought everyone should win.  I don't like the idea of participation awards....after all...there's only 1 valedictorian! But, I think I've changed a little bit on that.  I really think they could have given a PE award, art, science, music, or a character award.  It means a lot for a child to be recognized even if it is a non-grades award.  Of course, there will be kids who get multiple awards and that's great!  I just hurt for those 3 who didn't get 1 thing. If this would have been me in elementary school...I wouldn't have gotten 1 award and it wouldn't have felt good.  Hopefully next year we can get some more awards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...