Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt

We started out on Sunday morning with a trip to the doctor for Henry.  He has had a gunky nose and needed some antibiotics.  We lounged around and then headed to Bennett's very first soccer practice!  I've been looking so forward to this for weeks now.  He has been so excited to play.  He keeps saying "I have to practice for soccer games!" That's right, buddy!  Our team, the Jolly Green Giants is lead by Coach D (Maddie's Dad).  We practiced at Shreve Island because he is the PE teacher there.  So nice of him to coach!  I really love that we get to do all these fun things with our friends.

Andre was awesome with the kids.  I can see why he is an elementary PE coach!
All the kids put their hand or foot on the ball and yelled "TEAM!"
Bend it like Bennett

Oh yea!

Out little athlete

Bennett, Caroline, and Maddie looking cute after practice

We had a few people over for the Super Bowl on Sunday night.  Neil smoked pork for about 12 hours and it was delish.  Everyone brought something so it made it totally easy on us.  And the best part was that Neil cleaned up the ENTIRE kitchen after everyone left.  He is a keeper! :)

Henry was really over stimulated with all the people over and I when I went to check on him he had his little feet hanging out of the crib.  I love those little feet.

Cole, Neil, Matthew, and Neil

Beau was dying to be on camera

I got the opportunity to do Caroline and Georgia's hair.  They loved it!  So funny!

Me, Casey, Leslie, Erinn and B.

The best part of the Super Bowl was the Madonna half time show.  The kids were having a blast dancing to the music.

Notice Bennett's moves...he must get that from his dad

Henry and Evie

I told you about the "fun" and I told you about the "games"...now here's the "hurt."

The adults and babies were downstairs talking and eating and maybe even watching the game.  We let the older boys watch a movie upstairs.  They thought they were so cool and big being up there without us.  Well everything was nice and quiet until I heard Bennett screaming.  A few parents saw him with blood running down his face.  We all ran up the stairs to him.  Turns out that he was sitting in front of the recliner and Mason accidentally pushed the lever and the foot rest whacked Bennett in the face.  Bennett kept saying "the rocking chair did it!"  Mason was so sweet to check on B...he felt so bad...he is such a sweetie!

Bennett was so brave!  Neil told him that getting his first bloody nose was like a badge of honor.  He wasn't buying it.  We talked about it that evening in his bed and he said "my nose bleed and I cried."  He has such a sweet heart.
My sweet boy with his first bloody nose.  He was trying to smile, but couldn't really figure out why!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Bennett. He's going to love this post when he's older! Also you have some mad braiding skills. I wish someone would french braid my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor B! Mason still feels bad about it. He says "the chair hit Bennett but it was just an accident." I guess it is good that his first bloody nose came from a friend and not a mean boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute.
    Love the kids dancing to the half-time show. They learn early on the best part of the SuperBowl- half-time and the food :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...