Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dad's 60th Birthday Party

We had a 60th birthday party for my dad on Friday. It started out as a surprise until my dad planned a big hunting trip for his birthday. I had to tell him about the party about a month ago. Anyway, we had a great turn-out with hardly any left-overs. Clark Chandler of Chandler Catering made us some smoked chicken that was fall off the bone good. People were taking ziploc bags of it home. Check out Clark's booth at the Revel this year. They will have brisket eggrolls and fish tacos! Yummy!

Anyway, I took over 50 pictures at the party, but here are the highlights.

Claude Rives, Janine Lewis, Dad, and Michael



Dad's cousins and their wives: Bill, Mary Jane, Denny, Ann & Don. They are holding the personalized cups that say "Happy 60th Bill!"


Dr. Bill and Bill Wakeman. Bill Wakeman was Dr. Bill's "Big Brother" in their fraternity.


Trish, Dad, and Sharon


Michael & me presenting the slide show I made.


I had these totally awesome M&M's made. They said "Happy 60th Bill!" Some had pictures of Dad now and some of him as a baby.


Michael, Dad, and Me


It was so nice of Don and Ann to drive over from Tyler for the festivities.


The table scape.


The cutest cake ever!


Dad blowing out his candles!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looked sooooooo good! The cake is adorable. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job! It all looks so good. I love the personalized M&M's, we had those at our wedding. The cake is awesome too!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang- where did you get that cake? Love it! And those m&m's...my my my.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a wonderful hostess! You know how to throw a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...