Sunday, June 13, 2010

6th Annual Couples Trip

Well we are back from our annual trip and as always it was a good time. He had a lot of fun talking about old trips, eating, and boating. Everyone got to Hot Springs, AR on Wednesday evening. I had to stay behind because I had to go to my class on Thursday afternoon. I ended up getting to Hot Springs on Thursday night around 8 pm. Everyone had it all planned that we would go bowling that night. Neil, being the pro bowler that he is had his Saints bowling ball in his truck. ha!


Here are Jared and Nikki getting ready to bowl.

I must have made a bad roll. Excuse the cute outfit...those were my comfy driving clothes.

All the girls: Leigh, Katie, Nikki, Marge, and me.

On Friday, all the guys went golfing. I thought they all looked cute in their golf attire. Here we have Jared, Beau, Chris, James, and Neil.

While they were golfing we went to the Quawpaw bath house. Amy, Nikki, and Marge did not want to partake in the spa services so they walked around downtown Hot Springs. After we all finished we decided that our massages were the best ones we have ever had. I never fall asleep during a massage and I did on that one!

On Friday evening we took a little evening cruise on Lake Hamilton. Here are Neil and me.

We have lots of good cooks on this trip. James made chicken and Jared made crawfish hominy grits. I made bag salad. It was a great meal.

Awwww...these 2 got to stay in the best room of the trip. They had the penthouse up stairs all to themselves. Here we have Chris and Margaret Cox.

Here are some of us doing some work for our yummy meal. Jay, Katie, me, and Jared. There's Nikki hanging out.

Jared and Chris. Glad we weren't eating that part of the chicken.

I think this is the only action shot I took. I took a bunch of them last year. Here is Beau jumping off the top of the boat on Lake Ouachita. I was on top of the boat getting some sun and reading my book. Some would say that I had my nose in the book the entire trip. I did. And...I finished it! The Help is such a good book and I highly recommend it. Thank you to Amy for reading the last 5 pages to me in the car on the way home!

Leigh, Jay, Nikki, Marge, Amy, Neil, and me.

Leigh bought a little inner tube to float around. She had to use this paddle to get her back to the boat.

This was my attempt to tube with Marge. It did not go as planned. She sort of hogged the tube and I kept falling off.

Or maybe it was because I was scared and I just let go. Here I am saying "slow down" with my thumb!

And at the end of the day you have a boat full of lake rats. Here is the group.
As always, it was a wonderful time. I am hoping to get back to the beach next year. I am pushing for Seaside, FL. I would love to rent one of those little cottages!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I'm jealous about the massages. I'm glad you liked the Help as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip....I spent lots of time in Hot Springs growing up as my parents had a time share...that would
    be I knew the day racing season opened and the day it closed...Ha
    Actually that is a time share we are trying to sell....I have not been there in years....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...