Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Annual Couples Trip

This is our 5th year to take this trip. We usually go to the beach, but I didn't want to be too far from my sweet baby and one of our couples is having their first baby in 3 short weeks! This year we opted for Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, AR. This the first picture we took on one of our pit stops on the way to Hot Springs. I don't think the guy who took the picture was a professional photographer. Little did we know that this picture was the first of our problems!

Here is the picture of the guys after they had been trying to put the boat in the water and change a flat tire on the car. The girls just stayed back at the house and talked while we waited to take our evening cruise. After 2 hours, they finally called to tell us what was happening! I just thought they got lost on the lake while they were looking for the house! Ha! They called Onstar and came back all greasy and sweaty. We had hotdogs and played a round of Pop 5. I can't remember, but I think the girls won!

So, the next morning the boat starts! We were so excited. This is one of the only pictures I took on the lake on Friday. After we had a wonderful time floating around in the lake, we got back in the boat to go have some lunch. I think the boat had other plans. The ignition went through the dashboard. This is Neil underneath trying to fix it.


Here's me and Marge at Does. We were waiting on what to do next! The boys ended up taking a cab to the house to get our cars to come back for us.

After we got back to the house, we lounged around in the lake. The house was on this cute little canal on Lake Hamilton. Here is a picture of Jared, Jay, Katie, and me. Katie always looks so cute!

On Friday night, we cooked dinner and celebrated Nikki's 31st birthday! Marge made the cutest cake for Nikki. It is a picture of their dog, Humphrey.

After dinner, we played putt-putt. The girls drew a guy's name out of a jar to decide your partner. Here are the 3rd place team. I was with Jay (Also 3rd place), Katie was with Chris (2nd) and Margaret and Jared were the winning team! The picture of me and my teammate is not too flattering of me so I had to leave it out!
Here are all the golfers. We took one like this on our very first trip. We missed the Raines so much!!

Here is a picture of me and Neil in the Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf stocks.

Here is day 2 on the lake. We ended up renting a really nice party barge on Lake Ouachita since our boat was out of commission. It turned out to be awesome! The Bevilles had to leave early, but we think they would have loved this!

This is Neil and me jumping off. It was so much fun!
We got really excited to jump off the top and take pictures. I took about 15 pictures of all of us!

After this picture, I was going to go put my camera back on the boat. The lens was getting a little foggy here. Well, right after I decided to put it up...It fell in the water! Nooooo!


I was able to take this picture when we got home. I missed this boy so much. I really wanted to come home yesterday! I made it through though and got to see him today! Sweetest boy in the world!

All in all we had a wonderful time. We always have a great time with this group. Can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Is that the same Does that Kelly's Korner talks about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you survived your trip and had a sweet little boy waiting for you at home!! Looks like you managed to have fun! Glad you guys made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it me, or do you always have serious camera problems! ha! Cute pics....looks like a fun trip. Trey and I are saving for a trip- this inspired me to save harder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...