Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whirlwind Wednesday

We had such a fun day today. Bennett had his first swim lesson today at the Swim School. It was a really great class. 1,000 times better than where we went last year. We learned songs and how to get out of the pool correctly by using the elbow, elbow, tummy, knee, knee method. Bennett did a great job. He loved playing on the "island" made from net and pvc pipe. He had to wear certain swim pants bought from the Swim School. He is wearing them in these pictures. I could not get these pictures to post the correct way so bear with me.


Getting ready for the big class! He couldn't wait to go in.

Here we are standing next to the island.

Here we are with his teacher, Elise. or Miss Elise as she calls herself.
We learned a lot at Swim Lessons and cannot wait for next week. We came home and had some lunch and Bennett went down for a 3 hour nap! I was totally useless during his nap. I am reading a great book called The Help and I can't put it down! I need to be reading my actual class stuff and not this.

We had our 2nd play group today. Kelsey hosted at her mom's house. It was supposed to be a swimming party, but it rained. It didn't matter though. It was still just as fun inside. It was nice to get out of the heat! The kids loved the toys and she had yummy snacks for the moms.

Georgia and Bennett colored.

I thought this was funny. Kelsey was just holding her sweet little boy (Ford) and didn't know that he just fell asleep. Such a sweetie... Kelsey was our hostess.

The kids were loving being babies today. Mason liked to sit in the bouncy seat.

Bennett was pushed around in the stroller by Georgia,

And here is the group shot. L-R: Top: Ginny & Elizabeth and Ashley & Bliss. Bottom: Melanie, Erinn & Georgia, Jessie & Ansley, Me & B, Casey & Mason, and Kelsey with Ford on the floor.

Tonight I got to go to a girls night out! It was a lot of fun. We went to celebrate Emily's 28th birthday. Happy Birthday Emily!

Here is the birthday girl:

Amy thought it would be hilarious to steal my camera to take a photo of her and Catherine. This is what they ended up with...

Amy, me, and Cathy. (Amy and Catherine: I am mentioning you on the blog!) :) I just don't want you to feel left out!

4 comments:

  1. Those swim bottoms are cute!! I love that picture of you and Bennett in the water. Where did you celebrate Emily's 28th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! We love the Swim School!

    Also The Help is fabulous - much better than school work!

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!

    Great post Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you hooked up with Jessie!!! What a fun playgroup..,,there sure are a lot of cuties! Ad for GW, I'm sure Bennett would have fun but he will be limited in what he can do...you and Neil would have a blast yourself on the waterslides. I'd just look at the website and decide. The grapevine mall is fun ad well with Rainforest Cafe and the train ride! Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that "baby speedo" is great! in the comment above - are you reading the help? if so, i cannot say enough good things about that book. it's one of my all time favs. and, they're making a movie out of it! can't wait! glad you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...