Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cupcake Cuteness and a Shower

I don't know about you, but I love a shower. Especially a baby shower. Shower food is my favorite! We had shrimp and grits, cream cheese casserole, fruit, scones, and fritattas. The shrimp and grits were the best I have ever had. On Saturday, we hosted a shower for Erinn and twin boys on the way. We had the best time baking and creating all of the fun details.

Here are the favors. We used sugar cookie icing (powdered sugar and water) for the glaze and then Leslie piped the "B" on each one with royal icing. The cookies were the best cut-out cookie recipe ever. Each favor had a tag that said "please pray for Brown & Briggs on a date." Each person had a different date so that the babies have prayers every day until they are born. Casey saw that idea some where and it turned out to be so cute.

Here are the hostesses with the mom-to-be. Casey, me, Erinn, Erin, Leslie, Kelsey, and Carol.

Here are the worker bees preparing the favors and cupcakes on Friday. We had the best time getting everything ready for the shower. Kelsey, Casey, and Leslie.

Now I am going to show you how we made the plain cupcakes into the cutest little birds in a nest.
We iced the cupcakes with homemade chocolate buttercream. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart.

I toasted coconut and then sprinkled it on top of the frosting.

Leslie plopped the little "birds" on top of each nest with royal icing. The recipe has 3 birds in each nest, but since it was a shower for twins we chose to do only 2 birds.

We dyed and rolled out fondant and cut out little beaks. It was surprisingly each to work with. We added eyes with melted chocolate. I think they turned out so cute.

4 comments:

  1. y'all did an amazing job with every thing! erinn is blessed to have such sweet and talented friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm I would love a recipe for shrimp and grits... that sounds really YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cupcakes! I've seen those on Martha Stewart's website and thought "Wow!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for the best shower ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...