Saturday, December 7, 2013

Santa Train Freezingness

I saw on the news that a decorated, 7-car Santa train would be coming to town.  I just knew we had to go!  It was from 4-7 so I knew we'd have plenty of time.  Boy, was I wrong!  I woke Henry up around 3:45, we loaded up, bundled up, and headed to KCS.  I typed the address in my GPS and ended up on the wrong side of the lake.  I should have known then that we should turn around and head home.  The boys were being so good in the car that we kept trucking along.  Becky was with us and we were meeting Gammy there.

Mom got me to the right side of the lake and OMG the traffic!  We sat in a line of traffic for literally 2 hours.  Rebecca missed her dinner plans while we waited.  I kept asking "do you want to see the Santa Train or go home?"  They boys kept saying they wanted to see the train!

Mom was about 40-50 cars in front of us so she told us to drive on the shoulder and she would let us in.  Rebecca almost died when I did it!  haha!  It was hilarious, but I know I would have been mad if someone did that to me!  Thanks, Gammy!

So we arrived and the line to wait in the FREEZING COLD 30 degree weather was about an hour long.  No.  We decided to go see Santa and just look at the train.  The boys were not happy that we couldn't get on the train, but it was cold and we were all hungry.

Another random tidbit about the evening is that I lost my cell phone in the parking lot.  The nice people who found it called Mom, Dad, and AMY!  Thankfully Amy answered and then called Neil who called Rebecca who called the lady who found it.  Craziness!  It is nice to know that good people still exist in this world.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...