Monday, June 6, 2011

Blueberry Pickin'

We had a great time today at Shuqualak Farms.  We were worried that we weren't going to be able to go since they aren't letting people pick the berries this year.  They said the tornado wiped out about 120 bushes of berries.  They told us today they changed their minds and are open for picking!  They said to tell all of our friends so...go pick berries!  Last year, Bennett was so little and bald!  He is such a big boy and really enjoyed the farm.  Pretty much everything he picked went into his mouth.  Luckily, the owners will fill up the kids buckets if they don't get them filled.


Yummy!


Mason, Georgia, and Bennett


Look at my blueberries!

Mason did a great job!

Mason and Casey took a mommy/son picture.  Bennett really felt that he needed to be in it!

B and me

The blueberry popsicles are the best part!  Mason spilled his all over his leg.  It looks like blood!

Bennett loves these things!  

The kids even got to feed the chickens.  I didn't even know that chickens liked blueberries!  Georgia, Garrett, Bennett, and Mason had a great time feeding them.

Way to go!

A cute group photo: me, Casey, Jenny, Bennett, Georgia, Briggs, Mason, Garrett, Brown, Georgia, and Erinn 

I went in to pay for all of the blueberries and I came out and Bennett was sitting on the golf cart at the farm.  I saw him lean down and press the gas pedal with his hand!  I had no idea he knew how to do this.  It scared me to death!  I could just see him driving that thing into the tree next to it.  I ran out screaming "Nooooooo!"  I'm glad I startled him so he let off the gas.  Everyone thought it was so funny that he climbed up there.  I think it is funny, but I had to have a serious talk with him.  I told him that I never want him to get hurt and gave him a big hug.  I said that he scared me and I didn't mean to scream.  I could tell he felt bad, because his bottom lip was quivering.  My sweet boy!  I just want him to mind me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww he was a baby last year! I'm glad the kids still got to pick this year and I'm even more glad that I got to try one of the popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Where is it? Luke just ran our golf cart into my car!!! It was in the shop for over a week, we had no idea he knew where we even kept the key! Sneaky boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...