Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cancer-Free Ice Cream Social

Since we got the wonderful news that my dad is cancer-free, I have been planning a little gathering to celebrate.  If there would be any reason for a party...I think this is it!  I wanted to do something easy and I did not want to make an entire meal.  I thought...ice cream!  It turned out to be really cute and so easy.  I rented a soft-serve ice cream machine that came with ice cream, cups, cones, and spoons.  I just had to have the toppings.  Thanks to Amy, Erinn, and Mom for letting me borrow your glassware.  Thanks to Carol and Leslie for letting me use the fabric, too  It really helped!

Ice cream cone cookies made by Alyson Foreman

Cute little sundae cookies

Topping table!  I did not iron the sheet used for table cloth...no time for that!




Soft serve vanilla ice cream..I would recommend this to anyone needing ice cream.  

I was so glad that Carolyn came over to help.  She chopped strawberries and bananas.

Since my dad's favorite thing to eat/drink when we started eating again was root-beer floats..I thought we needed a "float station."  Erinn let me borrow her cute coke box..thanks!

Cute boys eating ice cream.  Mason, Bennett, and Cal

Thanks to Matthew for letting me take an action shot of the ice cream machine in use!

Don (Dad's cousin) and Ann came all the way over from Flint, TX for the party.

Yum!  Root Beer Float!

Me, Aunt Carolyn, and Mom

Aunt Carolyn and Courtney came all the way over from Houston for the party.  It was such a treat to have them over even if it was for a short time.  It meant a lot to me and Dad.  And they were so helpful in setting up the toppings!




Dad and "Aunt Marilyn"  I put this on here for Merideth!!

We were so glad that Jennifer and Caroline stopped by.  Caroline is such a cutie and will be 1 next month.

Carolyn, Dad, and me

We had a great time celebrating!  I hope we never have to go through cancer again with anyone ever!

6 comments:

  1. very cute!! So happy for your dad! we have been praying for all of you!
    p.s. since you have your tv mounted above the fireplace... where are your components???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cancer free! The party looks amazing. You are such a sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea and what a great reason to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for your Dad! What a great party theme! If you ever get tired of teaching I think you should go into Party Planning! I would hire you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all turned out so cute! It is like your own Frozen Frog!! Glad that my boys could come enjoy it. I just realized that I was supposed to bring you glassware too- oops, I had to go have a baby instead! :)

    Such a blessing that your dad is healthy again! You have been an amazing daughter to him by being so supportive during his treatments. He is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative! Such a cute and fun party. I am so happy for your dad. That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...