Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Big Boy Bed!

We put Bennett in his new big boy bed for the first time last night.  I was so nervous about how he was going to do in there.  He loves his crib and has never climbed out so I knew the transition would be tough.  Well...he did great!  We talked to him and told him that he had to stay in his bed and could not get out until Mommy or Daddy came to get him.  He said "OK" in a little, sweet voice.  He looks so tiny in that big boy bed.  He had his first nap in there today and also did great!  He still had a nice 3 hour nap.  We shall see how it continues.  I read a couple things that suggested we should move him 6-8 weeks before the new baby arrives.  I hope he adjusts well.

Amendment to post: Bennett slept the first 3 nights very well!  He only woke up one time at 5 am and we put him in our bed.  We have had 2 wonderful naps and 1 not so wonderful one. We are so proud of our big boy!!!

My big boy!

Thanks to Pops for getting the bunk beds for the boys!  They will love them for years to come!

Connie Aclin is an amazing seamstress...need her number?  Message me!

Connie made the pillows and Jeannie appliqued their initials on them.  Love it!

Connie made the panels, too.  She even put black-out on the back to make sure the sun doesn't keep up the boys.
I will say that the fabric is not my most favorite thing in America.  I found a fabric that I loved that was blue and green with little white birds on it...but I have to get with the program and do more boyish things for my babies!  I think this fabric will definitely "grow" with them.  I bought the cute transportation sheets at Target, because I thought they were fun for a 2 year old and he loves them!   I just need a few things for his wall and we will be done.  I am so glad that his Erinn painting matches perfectly!! Want one?  I can give you her contact info.  They are amazing and you get to choose the colors.

1 comment:

  1. Bennett looks so cute in his big boy bed! I love those sheets ans Connie Aclin definitely does a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...