Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Feast

We had a really nice Father's Day this year.  I decided that it would be fun to have everyone over for one big meal rather than trying to get to 10 different houses before the day was over.  I think it went very well and can't wait to do it next year.  Leslie gave me the great idea of doing taco salads.  It turned out to be wonderful, because everyone was able to put whatever they wanted on it and leave off what they didn't want.  Easy Peasy.  I made Leslie's Salsa and Amanda's Queso.  I also made this fabulous punch!They were bot huge hits!



We needed 12 taco bowls for everyone to have one.  I sent Neil to the aisle to get the taco shells.  He came back with 2 boxes and I said "how many per box?"  He said 6.  So, we get to lunch and I am opening the shells and there are only 4 per box!  It said "four  6" bowls."  Thanks so much to my mom for rescuing us and picking up another box!  

My sweet boy eating his quesadilla.

The tablescape was lime green, black, and white.  Nothing too fancy.  I used a lime and cut a slit in it for the place card. 

Rebecca, Matt, Dad, and Carolyn

Neil, Andrew, Gigi, Grim, Janine, and Richard

I made Key Lime Pound cakes for everyone.  It is a Southern Living recipe, but I first saw it  here on Stephanie's blog.


Neil got a little Yeti for Father's Day.  He was so surprised!  I love when he is actually surprised.  He said that the ice chest can keep ice for 2 weeks!

Gigi and me

Our beautiful boy

Can you tell who is the center of attention?

I was so glad that Rebecca brought Matt!  He helped me so much by chopping the lettuce & tomatoes and browning the meat!  Thanks Matty!

The Richard Lewis family minus Bennett
Janine, Andrew Richard, Rebecca, Neil, and me

Richard and his kids...Bennett was tickling Andrew

Andrew, Richard, Rebecca/Bennett, Janine, Mom, Gigi, Grim, me, and Neil

I hope all of the fathers felt special this Father's Day.  I am already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Lindsey! And your individual pound cakes are adorable! I thought this recipe was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Bennett tickling Andrew. How was the queso?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...