Thursday, July 12, 2012

Leslie's 30th!

Erinn and I were trying to come up with a plan to celebrate Leslie's 30th birthday.  She is so special and we wanted to make her feel that way.  We decided to pop over to Dallas to surprise her at lunch.  Carol, Erinn and I have been scheming this for a while lining up child care, planning our lunch story, and getting our little decorations made.

Erinn and I both rounded up people to watch our kids and headed out about 7 am for Dallas.  It felt so good to cruise over to the big city for the day.  We arrived at Leslie's apartment and met her mom.  We added a few decorations to the apartment for when she got home from work.  Carol was trying to get Leslie to commit to a restaurant and she just wouldn't.  She kept saying "we will decide later!"  Erinn and I wanted to add a couple decorations so we needed a place.  We decided on Breadwinner's and Leslie was in!  Erinn and I arrived and added a of couple details to the table including flowers and a banner. We were so nervous the whole time that we were going to give it away or have our cover blown.  I am totally not good at surprises and I feel like I am lying the whole time.  I am not good with deception!

So, Leslie and Carol walked in the restaurant and I waved to Leslie just like I would if she were meeting me anywhere.  I guess I should have let them just stumble upon us but I was too excited!  We've been planning it for so long I couldn't understand why she was so shocked!  She kept saying "I can't believe y'all are here!"  We were thrilled to celebrate Leslie's 30th with her!!  


Happy 30th, Leslie!  I hope it was a special, wonderful, totally awesome day!  You deserve it!

Walking in to the restaurant

Erinn, Leslie, and me

Happy 30th! (The only candles at CVS were tealights!)

me, Erinn, Leslie, and Carol

Carol and Leslie


2 comments:

  1. How fun! I know she loved having y'all there. I wish you two could drive up to surprise me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are the bestest friends a gal could have! I talked to Leslie and she said her birthday was super special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...