Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Family Filled 4th!

I'm sure it's no secret that I love holidays or really any occasion. I love being able to make foods using the colors of the holiday and having my family enjoy it. Food, holidays, and family are some of my favorite things.  The 4th is no different.  I didn't take any pictures of what I made but they were all Pinterest inspired. I made red, white, and blue strawberries, strawberry/blueberry kabobs, and patriotic cupcakes.

When Dianne said she was having a 4th of July family reunion I was thrilled. We were excited that 25 people would be coming. I was really excited to see our Olympic gold medal winning cousin but that side of the family went home to Arkansas. We had other family coming in from Florida but ended up sick at he last minute. Even though some were missing, we still had a wonderful time. We were surprised by cousin Don who drove in from Tyler, TX despite his wife being laid up with a hurt ankle.

My dad's side of the family had a big 4th of July family reunion every year. I used to look forward to it every summer. My mom always took us to get a new red, white, and blue outfit." I can still remember my favorite 4th outfit. It was red/white striped shorts with a little swing top that was covered in a pattern of assorted fruit. It had a matching red/white striped tie/sash type thing to match! I was very stylish. A few months ago, my childhood best friend, Jennifer told me that outfit was her favorite one to borrow from me. This just confirms my stylishness at age 9. I can't believe she remembered it!

Anyway, we used to assemble at one of my dad's aunt's lake houses every year. My grandmother had 3 sisters and 1 brother so we had plenty of people there. My dad has lots of 1st cousins. We all have 2nd and 3rd and on down the line cousins. I have zero first cousins on his side. Cousins are great!

We even stopped by the Dicharry's for a second to say hi but as we were pulling up they had just finished their fireworks. :(


Here's the whole group of Jones, Dumas, Schick, Minter, Hurtle, Chambers and so on and so forth!  
It was a great time and I am already looking forward to next year!



1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Glad you got a group pictures! Tell me more about your Olympic cousin? Also, your dad is a true golfer. Love his sock line tan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...