Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 12: How you found out about blogging and why I made one

I found out about blogging back in 2008.  Leslie told me about Beth Moore's blog so I started reading it.  I always loved getting a nice word from her on a daily basis.  She always linked to "famous" bloggers so slowly I began to read Bigmama and Boomama and Kelly's Korner.  I never really thought I would have a blog, much less have anything to write about on a blog.

A few months later, my friend Amanda started her blog, The Daily Sweatpants. I was so excited that she started it but I was still on the fence about making my own. But, as Bennett started getting bigger and I realized I never remembered to write anything in his baby book...I started my blog.  I started it when Bennett was about 2 months old.  I still wish I would have started it earlier because I am so sad that I don't have any of his milestones recorded for his first 2 months.

Now, I use my blog as my memory.  Most of the time I have a great memory.  Just ask Amy.  I can't remember a lot now though.  If someone asks me about an event or just a regular day...I can usually go back to that day on the blog and tell you what happened and who was there.  Because of this I have sort of turned in to a "blog advocate."  I am constantly promoting blogging.  I want everyone to have a blog because of the memory keeping.

You will not get a lot of fancy photos here or eloquent writing.  I stick to the facts and add pictures to go with the stories.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...this blog is my online scrapbook!

2 comments:

  1. I went back to your first blog post too...and a few more along the way! Love it! :) I cannot believe how life has changed in just 3 short years! Love you cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you started blogging my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...