Tuesday, July 17, 2012

30 days of me! (Day 1)

My cousin, Carrie found a blog that has a great idea...30 days about me.  I am going to try to do these and probably keep them light and fun and I probably won't do the hard/tough ones.  People know enough about me as it is!  I will pick and choose my favorites.  I think it will be fun for you to do it, too.




Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 02- The meaning behind your blog/site/user name
Day 03- A picture of you and your friends
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have
Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to 
Day 06- Favorite super hero and why 
Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you 
Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why 
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad
Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12- How you found out about blogging and why you made one
Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14- A picture of you and your family 
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
Day 16- Another picture of yourself
Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them
Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23- Something you crave for a lot
Day 24- A letter to your parents
Day 25- What I would find in your bag
Day 26- What you think about your friends
Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?
Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned
Day 30- Who are you?


Who wants to join us with a couple of these fun facts about YOU?



Day 1: A picture of me and 15 interesting facts about me:

Here I am!
  1. I really enjoy my Sunday School class and love being around people that have similar goals for their families. I love our church and am glad we feel at home there.
  2. I love my 3 boys more than anything in this world Neil, Bennett, and Henry you are my loves.
  3. I cannot stand a mess.  I don't like messy beds, rooms, kitchens, food out, clutter, etc.  It makes me crazy.  I am learning to deal with this since I have the 3 I mentioned in #2.
  4. My favorite color is turquoise.  I recently changed it from green.  This totally threw Bennett for a loop because it is a big deal to declare your favorite color at age 3 and changing it is just plain CrAzy!
  5. I've only owned 3 cars in my life.  My first car was a Be-Boppin' Saturn, then a Jetta, and I have a 4-runner now.
  6. I have lots of pet peeves: toilet paper on the roll wrong, when people don't capitalize the B in Bible, and crumbs on the kitchen counter. (I'm so weird, I know.)
  7. I love having a sister-in-law because I never had a sister.
  8. I worked in London after I graduated from college for 3 1/2 months with Leslie.  We traveled around Europe on the weekends.  My dad and Neil even came to visit me.
  9. Amy and I got the bright idea to become summer nannies in college.  We worked with families in the northeast and they treated us like total servants. 
  10. I loved college.  I loved being in a sorority. I loved the parties.  I love that I met my husband there.  I loved my roomies.  My biggest college regret is not trying out for Orientation Student Leader.
  11. I do not want to miss any special event in my kids lives.  I don't even want to miss not-so-special ones.  I want to be at every school party, play, and first day of school.
  12. I love the fact that if we haven't seen each other in a while, my family will just pick a mid-point city and meet for a meal.  I don't mind driving 2 hours to see the ones I love.
  13. I am very un-coordinated.  I trip a lot.  I cannot dance or even learn choreographed moves.  I tried out for cheerleader once and after a week of practice I still didn't know the stuff so I just stood there during the try-out!
  14. I think the subject I teach, Family and Consumer Science is the best.  I think that is teaches life skills and provides a well-rounded education.  And I probably enjoy it because math just ain't my thing.  After typing "ain't" I guess English isn't either!
  15. I love to bake, be crafty, and plan parties.  Once I get a color scheme in mind for a party...it's all I can think of! 
What are 15 random things about you?  I'll admit that is was a little hard to come up with 15.  I might change them as I think about them longer. 

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I love it!! 15 facts is hard...I am posting mine today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! I might have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - as to #13 I seem to recall some very coordinated moves (on your behalf) to a particular R. Kelly song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the 4Runner so much, we each have one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fun! I can relate to #4. Mason would not be able to handle it if one of us changed our favorite color! He still tells me that Henry's favorite color is orange like his! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I may have to try this too! :-) I think you would have been a GREAT orientation leader & I would love to be a Family Consumer Science teacher too! Maybe when my kids are older...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested in doing this... we shall see!! Fun to "get to know you"!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...