Sunday, July 22, 2012

Days 6, 7, and 8 of me

Day 6: I don't watch comics nor do I know what any of them do.  You can ask Neil.  I asked him if Hulk was nice or mean and looked at me like I was cray.  Anyway, I don't have one.

Day 7: A picture of someone that has had the biggest impact on my life: my grandmother, Gammy.  She was always the person I looked up to and the person that I wanted to be like.  Everyone loved my grandmother.  I can still go back to the church where I grew up (where she attended) and people will still tell me how much they miss her.  No one had a relationship with her like I did.  But, I think she made everyone feel like that...like you were the only one she was thinking about when she was with you.  She made me feel special and loved me unconditionally.  She would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.  If you were at her house and you saw something you liked...she would say "take it home!"  She gave selflessly to her church and to anyone in need.  She was the type of person you could look at and say "there is a believer in Christ right there!"  I love her and miss her.

me with my Gammy in 2002 (I was a sophomore in college)

Day 8: Some short term goals for the month.
  • Take my kids to do fun things during our last couple weeks of summer
  • Get my classroom ready for school to begin
  • Prep everything I can for Henry's birthday party
  • Shop for back to school clothes for me and the boys
  • Pack for our trip to the beach!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love when you talk about Granny...you hardly ever do and I love hearing you talk about her because I know your relationship was totally different than mine...from a distance! I love my cousin and I love that we shared our Gammy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...