Sunday, July 22, 2012

Erinn's Lake Weekend

We got to celebrate Erinn's birthday at their camp this past weekend.  5 couples went without kids and it was a ton of fun.  They all went for 2 nights and we went for 1.  It is amazing how no stress it is without the kids there.  We left Ruston about 8 am on Saturday morning to head to the lake.  It rained on us the entire way down there.  I sent Emily a text to see if the weather was nice and she said it was a nice day.  They said that 15 minutes later the bottom fell out and they had a down pour.  We arrived in Jonesville to a monsoon.  It was fun because everyone was still in their pajamas when we arrived around 10.  We decided to play cards, eat, and chit chat while we waited for the rain to let up.  It finally let up around 2 and we totally made the most of our day.  Everyone that tried to ski/wakeboard was able to.  One of my favorite things to do is ride around or float on the lake with country or rap music blaring.  It must be a southern thing because that sounded really redneck!

I am pretty shocked that I was able to ski.  I haven't skied in a few years but I got up on the first try!  I am not a big risk taker so being pulled directly behind the boat is enough for me.  I am not one of those that wants to weave in and out of the wake.  No thank you.






I had to post this pic because Emily, Erin, and I were loving having our hair braided.  Thanks to Erin for making us so stylish!
We floated in the water until around 8-9 pm.  We didn't eat dinner until 9:30pm!

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on your posts! I love the hair braids and your skiing skills! Go girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...