Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Babymoon in Tulsa

When Neil decided to stay in Tulsa for 12 days, we decided that I should go up and visit him on my long weekend.  It turned out to be a great idea!  We I called this our babymoon for #3!  I arrived in Tulsa on Friday night at 7:30, Neil came and got me, and we headed to the hotel.

Neil had these gorgeous flowers waiting on me!  He is sooooooo creative and turned a Dasani bottle into a vase for me.  He cut the top off and voila...a vase!  


On Saturday, Neil went to work and I headed to the Lifetime Fitness spa.  Wow.  This place was amazing!  It was like a huge mall of fitness.  The spa was fantastic!  They had a Valentine's special so I was able to get a massage, facial, and a pedicure.  I went ahead and got my hair done so I could look swanky for our babymoon!  Since Neil is staying at a DoubleTree, I had to partake in their delicious cookies!  Neil was astounded when he saw they have 360 calories PER cookie! I ate 6 from Friday to Monday and didn't feel guilty at all.

I met Neil and his co-workers at Pei Wei for lunch after my spa treatments!
Pei Wei lunch
 We headed back to Neil's office so he could introduce me to some folks and so that I could see the place.
looking good!
 Since Nana and Granddad are going to be one of the dukes/duchesses at the Ruston Mardi Gras ball we had to get Neil fitted for a tux.  Man, this place was busy!  We were just glad to get him measured and get out of there.

We drove around Tulsa, Neil showed me some of his favorite places, and then we went back to the hotel to watch the Olympics....we were really lazy this trip!  I enjoyed having moments of down time where I could just nap if I felt like it!

For dinner, we headed to Smoke.  Neil really likes it and wanted to take me.  They were totally full so we sat at the bar.  The highlight was a fried green tomato stuffed with crabmeat.  Delish!

Sunday was by far the laziest day for me.  Neil went to work while I stayed at the hotel.  I blogged, read, watched TV, napped, showered, and perused Instagram for 4 hours!  It was FABULOUS!  Neil got back and we headed to Utica Square, a shopping and eating area that is pretty well-known in Tulsa.

We ate lunch at Queenie's and it was really good.  We split a slice of lemon cake, too.  A nice old man next to us said "I can tell you've been married for a while and it is so nice to see you holding hands because you just don't see that anymore."  It was so sweet!

Lunch at Queenies
After Queenies and some shopping where I didn't buy one thing...we headed back to the hotel for you guessed it...a nap!  I took 2 naps on Sunday!  Neil kept saying "I feel like we aren't doing anything!"  I said "this is exactly what I wanted to do...nothing!"  It was sooooooo nice!

On Sunday night, we ate at Doc's, Neil's favorite restaurant in Tulsa.  He's been a few times and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.  He loves that all the restaurants seem to have a cool atmosphere.
Neil was sick of pictures by this night.  No couple photo from Doc's.    :(
After Doc's I had to get packed to get ready for my 6 am flight.  I had to get up at 4 to leave the hotel by 4:30.  The shuttle was supposed to take me to the airport but they didn't start running until 6 so Neil had to take me.  I hated for him to get up that early! 

I arrived in Dallas at 7am and got to my gate 2 hours early.  I just sat there and waited to board.  While I was waiting I saw Jake from the Bachelor get off the plane!  I knew he was a pilot, but didn't know he'd be flying me to Shreveport!  After we arrived in Shreveport I asked to get a picture with him.  I look like death with no make-up, up since 4, and hugely pregnant!  Oh well, I thought Amy would get a kick out of the pic!


I just loved going to Tulsa.  We are so thankful that Gammy and Nana could watch the boys so that we could make it happen.  Might not be too many more trips like this in the future since we will have 3 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...