Thursday, February 6, 2014

Our Wednesday

Since Neil has been working out of town so much lately it has really given us a new routine.  It is hard, but I am so thankful that my mom is willing to help me.

The boys had haircuts at 4:30.  Henry loves sweeping the old. cut hair.  Ewwwww.


Sweet boy with his hair all cut.  So handsome!

After that we had a Sigma Kappa Alumnae Chapter king cake tasting at Julie Anne's.  I took the boys because I thought it would be a fun evening outing.  They totally ran around the place.  Yes, I am the parent who can't control her children.  Thankfully there weren't many people there.

Thanks to Bennett for taking this picture!

After Julie Anne's, we had baths, books, a little Jake and the Neverland Pirates and then bed.  I just pray that the boys will sleep all night in their beds while Neil is away.  Henry cried for 20 minutes wanting his daddy.  It is so sad because we all miss Neil so much while he is away.  Bennett woke up and got in bed with me because my mom usually lets him get in bed with her at night.  Well, I took him back to his bed!  Anyway, he came back to my bed and I was just too tired to take him back.  He woke up at 5 saying he tee teed through his pull-up onto our mattress!  Oh, the joys of motherhood!

I know people have it a lot harder than we do but, this single-parent thing is HARD. I don't know how people do it 24/7.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I wouldn't wish a traveling husband on anyone. Is there any end date on the traveling? Glad you have your mom to help even though all y'all want is Neil!
    I remember how hard it was on kids. Mason would just cry and cry and poor Evie would take awhile to warm up to Matthew each weekend. It was even more sad to me when Mason stopped crying- then he was just used to his daddy being gone all the time. Remember that this is just a phase and you will all get through it and become an even stronger family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett can take awesome pictures! My dad loved the king cake I sent him from Julie Anne's! Thanks for the referral.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...