Friday, August 3, 2012

Hittin' the road

We picked up the boys and hit the road to Destin yesterday. I had to make 4 trips to the back of the car before we were even out of Bossier.



We arrived at our destination of the #1 rated hotel in Hattiesburg, MS around 10. After staying there overnight I'm guessing that the list of hotels must have been suggesting that 1 was the least rated. It had bugs crawling on the counter. I couldn't wait to get out of there this morning. Henry must not have liked it either because he woke up at least every 15 minutes to wail and the go back to sleep. Poor baby! Poor us! And our poor neighbors! I'm not sure of anyone but Bennett slept soundly. It's all about the memories so I will take it!

We were able to get on the road at 7:30 after we all showered and had breakfast. Here are a few questions or comments from the back seat Bennett asked/said randomly:

"Daddy, do you know how to drive?"
"Who has a bloody nose?"
"When I grow up, I'm going to be the coolest and fastest."
"When I grow up I'm going to work and do exercise. I'm going to build things with tools, not play tools grown up tools."
"Are we at the beach yet?" (at least 50 times)

We pulled into Destin and stopped at Pompano Joe's for lunch.  We love this little beach side restaurant.


More of this beach trip to come...

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the beach trip! Your attitude about the bugs is so humbling. I would've freaked out!!!!!!

    Sweet Bennett sounds very wise.

    Enjoy the water for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How fun for ya'll! I did a trip to Houston with my kids to visit my sister & it was tough...I'm sure once you are there it will be so fun & worth it! :-) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...