Sunday, August 5, 2012

Destin Date Night

http://thedailysweatpants.blogspot.com/

Before we came to the beach I decided to call my cousin, Katie who lives here to get a recommendation for a babysitter.  I wanted Neil and I to be able to have a date night on our vacay.  Katie's friend who has 3 kids recommended a girl who is a labor and delivery nurse.  Sign me up!  I called and texted Erica, the babysitter last week and we made a plan for Friday night.  She sent me a text that said "usually my fiance' Amber comes with is that's OK."  I said sure and the date was set.

I'll admit that I had an uneasy feeling the whole day about leaving my kids with someone I'd never met.  I feel like I might be a little overprotective sometimes.  But, then I realized that I find babysitters in Shreveport through other people so Erica and Amber should be fine.  When I met them they were so great and totally put my mind at ease.  They could tell I'd never done this before.   I would totally call them again if we need a sitter at the beach!  She even sent me this picture of Bennett while we were eating dinner.



So now it was time for our date!  I got Bennett to take some pictures of us before we left and he couldn't quite get the hang of it.  Amber took the artsy off-center one where you can see us.

Bennett's photos plus 1 self-timer sot (this is my favorite outfit right now)


We walked down to Baytowne and enjoyed the Marlin Grill.  It was a lot of fun to sit, eat, and talk without chasing kids, feeding them, or taking a certain little boy to the bathroom 42 times.  After dinner, we walked down to get gelato and just people watched and chatted for an hour.  It was a nice, low-key date night! So glad we decided to take some time out for ourselves this trip.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo cool to have a date night on vacation!!!!!!! Bennett is almost there with the photos. Did the boys cry when you left them with the sitters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUUUUUUTE outfit! hope y'all continue to enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...