Friday, August 17, 2012

Henry's Party food!

I had a lot of fun planning the menu for Henry's party. With a theme like "Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog tails" I knew I could get creative with the food. I know that some people think I might be crazy for going all out on a 1 year old's birthday party, but this is just me and this is what I like to do.  It is a ton of fun!

My dear friend, Amanda made the cutest food labels to match the invitations.  She is so crafty with Powerpoint.  Thanks, friend!

We enjoyed snail dirt cups.  Snail gummies cannot be found anywhere but the internet!  They looked gross but they went with the theme so we had to do it! right?

Snail breadsticks that my aunt and cousin helped make.  Thanks, family!  You can see an empty tray where the "frog legs" went.  They were really chicken strips because frog legs "taste like chicken."

The adorable cake by Aly B's Bakery.

Henry's smash cake also by Aly B's.

Snail Pasta salad.  It doesn't really have snails..the pasta just looked curly like  a snail shell.  Thankfully, my mom, Nana, and Aunt made this while I did who knows what to get ready!

Frog apples.  There were only 6 of these fellas.  They were a pain to make and didn't turn out near as cute as the ones I found on Pinterest.  Thanks to Becky for helping.

Frog, Snail, and puppy dog cookies by Aly B's.

Neil, the grill master cooked up a bunch of "frog burgers" and "puppy dog tail Hotdogs" for dinner.  We had "dog chow" that was really baked beans for the side dish.

The food was great, but the help I had making everything was even better.  Thank you, family and friends!

3 comments:

  1. so cute! I don't think you are crazy-- I wish you were my mom planning my birthday parties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really the the frog apple. Nice presentation on the rest of your dishes as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so impressed by all of the cute things you make! you are so creative. how do you have time for all of this?!?!?! Happy Birthday sweet Henry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...