Sunday, April 18, 2010

Un-Typical Sunday

We did not have a typical Sunday today. We woke up REALLY early because Bennett has decided that his new wake-up time will be before 6. I guess that is his new weekend thing. He is still sometimes asleep when I leave for work during the week

We had some Cherrios and watched cartoons. Since Bennett was up so early he had to nap at 10...just in time for Sunday School. So, we missed SS and church. Our teacher has been referring to "The Prince of Egypt" movie a lot lately. We decided to watch it this morning while Bennett was napping. It was pretty good.

After his nap the boys headed to Ruston to visit Aunt Rebecca, Nana, and Grand-Machine. They boiled some shrimp for dinner and wanted to see Bennett. I decided to stay back and get stuff done around here. Bennett's daycare has teacher appreciation week next week so I had to do a little shopping and wrapping. I will post what I am giving them each day this week.

I tried to start another project while they were gone. The tile/grout in my kitchen and I have been having a battle since we moved in to our house. I am sick of it! It always looks dirty and I have tried everything. It is mopped every Thursday and I have even had Stanley Steemer come to "power wash" it. Erinn told me to get a toothbrush and grout cleaner. I tried that today. It did help a little. The problem with it is that it was never sealed. Ugh. Pain in the neck. So, I have been down on my hands and knees with a toothbrush cleaning my tile. I think the only thing I can do now is get it re-grouted. What do you think?

After all of this stuff, I have gotten totally caught up on blogging. I sat right here listening to K-LOVE and made 5 posts. Whew. Now, I have to get to my lesson plans.

Since my boys were in Ruston for dinner I had to privilege of eating at Leslie's house. She is an excellent cook. Thanks Leslie!



3 comments:

  1. We had that problem with our shower. They never sealed the grout..we are still in the process of regrouting..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sealing...sad times. Hands and knees scrubbing does not sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unsealed grout is the worst. We had the problem at the house on Lovers Lane. We were just about to regrout ourselves before the move. For us, that was the only option.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...