Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Testing

We have had standardized testing this week at school. I am administering the GEE (Graduation Exit Exam). It is very serious. If I mess up or have any sort of mistake while giving the exam I have to pay a fine of $350 per mistake. A little steep if you ask me because they certainly don't pay us anything extra for giving the test. Oh well. Today my group did not have to test, but since a lot of the other students are testing we have to stay in my room and be quiet. We have watched 2 movies today and I brought donuts for them to eat. I have gotten so much done, too! I am totally finished with my Spring 2010 class thanks to these 3 relaxed days. I have been able to get everything for that class and it is all typed up and turned in! I feel like I have a huge weight lifted off of me. I have gotten some lesson plans typed, made a test, and invited a guest speaker to come and speak. I am really liking testing week!

I found out yesterday that I passed the 4th and final test for my teaching stuff! Summer of 2009 I took the Praxis I, Praxis II, and the GRE. In March, I took the Principles of Learning and Teaching and thought I would never pass. It was a timed test with 24 multiple choice questions and 12 essay questions. I wrote feverishly through the whole thing and barely finished before time was called. I am so glad that I am finished with all of my testing. I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

This Summer I will take 3 classes and then begin my "internship" in the Fall. The internship is basically where I pay Tech for 3 quarters while I work. This is something hard for me to grasp because if you "student teach" under another teacher you only have to do that for 1 quarter. Some things just confuse me.


5 comments:

  1. Yay for passing all your tests! What movies did you watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the results, Lindsey! Fiona ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on passing all those tests! That is a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Lindsey!! You're going to be a great teacher!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...