Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Date Night!

Neil and I started our weekly date night with a romantic trip to the doctor.  I had my 4 week appointment and my sugar test.  I am always so glad that Neil meets me at all of my appointments.

Since I am a true blogger and I love to document everything, I had Neil take my picture drinking the sugary drink.  I look a little like a weird-o in the picture, but you get the idea.  I got it all down in 4 1/2 minutes before my 5 minute time limit was up!

We headed back to the doctor for my check-up.  I had a great report, but I am disgusted with my HUGE weight gain.  I need to seriously lay off the Reese's eggs.  We went to the lab to sit around and wait for them to take blood.  You have to wait an hour from the time you drink to the time you have blood drawn.  Apparently I have tiny, hard to find veins because they can never get me on the stick!  Thankfully, Neil was there to hold my had through the pain.  They stuck my arm and the vein blew.  I already have an ugly bruise.  She was able to get me on my hand.  When we left, Neil said I looked like an American Gladiator with my hand and arm wraps!

This is what my arms looks like 5 days after the needle!


After the doctor, we headed to Lowes to pick out some flowers for the front and back yards.  Neil has become slightly obsessed with our yard.  He says that our grass is the worst on the street.  I never noticed until he mentioned it and pulled the Google earth pictures.  Everyone else has lush, green grass and we have a brown patchy yard.  We have even had Green Works spray!  Hopefully we will get it under control soon.

For dinner, we ate at Moe's.  We then hurried home to meet Gammy and Bennett to wait out the tornadoes!  All in all it was a good night!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun date night! I want to see some pictures of the flowers you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date nights to Lowe's are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you get good results from your glucose test!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love (and have to admit am very jealous) that y'all are able to have weekly date nights. That is so great y'all are able to take a little time for just the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...