Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All Done!

On Friday, my dad finished his last of 39 radiation treatments. I am so proud of him because this was probably the hardest thing he has ever done...harder than quitting drinking and harder than quitting smoking. And do you know what? I never heard him complain one single time. Not once did he ever cry "woe is me." I feel like I can't describe enough how good of an attitude my dad has had through this whole thing. It has been amazing and very encouraging. If I would have been in the same situation, I would have been such a cry baby.

Congrats to my dad! You did a great job with 39 radiation treatments and 3 chemo treatments. So glad the treatment is over!

They even gave him a certificate of completion and all of the techs, nurses, and Dr. Chan signed it. At the end of a treatment, they bang a gong to signify the end of treatment! How special! I made him take this picture with his certificate.

We go back on May 4th (my brother's birthday) for a follow-up. We are praying they find nothing but a healthy guy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats to your dad!! Here's to hoping for an A++++ report come May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mr. Jones!! Did ya'll celebrate??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad this is over for your Dad and I hope he is feeling like his old self soon! I will be praying for a good report in May!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...