Thursday, July 8, 2010

Party with the Lombardi

Today Bennett woke up at a nice 6:45 today. It was so early! I couldn't get motivated to do much of anything until around 9. While I was getting the car packed and writing a check that took a total of 1 minute...Bennett managed to climb up on the dining room table and knock my laptop off the table. The fall made my mouse buttons fall off. I took the computer to Best Buy and they said it would take 3 weeks and over $100. No thanks. I will stick with the touch pad only and maybe a regular mouse. Our day got better though!

We headed to Barnes and Noble for their story time. I love that I don't have class in Ruston on Tuesday/Thursday and can participate in these fun things. Today they read "If you Give a Cat a Cupcake." It would have been really cute if Bennett would have sat down and listened for more than 2 seconds. We met Casey/Mason and Jessie/Ansley there. Amy came with us and spent the afternoon with us.



The boys had a great time playing with the books. Bennett needs a lesson in sharing, though.

They got to wear little chef hats with cupcakes on them. They could even color little cupcake sheets.

Mason didn't want to wear his hat so Casey showed him how cute it looked on.

Bennett loved dancing on the stage!

Ansley is so sweet. She just sat there and smiled when we asked her to. Such a sweet little girl.

Here is the group shot...Thanks for taking it Amy!

We met Neil and Jay at the Good Eats downtown for lunch and then headed to the Saints tour of the Lombardi trophy. It was a lot of fun going down to the convention center to see it. Amy and I made sure to dress in black and gold. I brought Bennett's jersey to throw on over his outfit for the festivities.

Here we are with Sir Saint. Bennett was not loving this guy.

Amy and James with Bennett. James was standing in the trophy line that was a mile long.


It was nice to get to meet the Mayor of Shreveport...Cedric Glover. He was a nice guy and is up for re-election this fall. You can see the Lombardi trophy in the background.

Michael Lewis (aka. the beerman) was there signing autographs. We didn't wait in any of the lines...we just took random pictures.

Here is the Super Bowl ring.

The SaintSations were there and you could get your picture with them. I didn't really want to be in the middle of the picture so I pretended to be a cheerleader. It was nice to pretend considering I was never actually a cheerleader due to no coordination or rhythm.

I don't know what this trophy was, Neil wanted a picture though.
We came home and Bennett took a much needed nap. We headed to Wal-Mart to buy school supplies while Bennett napped. (Lora and Sandra were here!) I love buying school supplies...especially when they are only $1 per pack of markers!

3 comments:

  1. I really love the picture of you posing with the cheerleaders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian and Sophie went too! They made it on the news talking about getting to see the ring! Cute dress BTW. Where did you get it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey- Been reading for a while & thought I'd finally say "hi!" I live in Ruston & am friends with Jessie so I always see your blog when I'm on hers. I also knew Neil when we were little! (I was Emery Prince) I love seeing pics of Bennett! He is so cute! And I laughed when I read your comment about Bennett needing lessons in sharing.. I was just asking my good friend last night how in the world you are supposed to teach them to share at this age!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...