Friday, May 28, 2010

School's Out!

Friday had to be one of the best days ever. I had the best feeling all day long just knowing that it was the end of school. It was fabulous. I did have a lot of highlights and lowlights from this school year. Here are a few:

Highlights:
-Feeling like I actually taught some kids some stuff
-Having students come up to me at the end of school giving me hugs and telling me they will miss me
-Having students that I didn't teach anymore come and visit me
-Receiving a homemade picture from Kiara that said "Let Love Fly...I love you Mrs. Lewis and I will miss you. Remember that teachers have the best jobs you inspire and change lives."
-Having Nisha giving me all 4 poses of her senior pictures
-SUMMER!

Lowlights:
-Being yelled at every day by 17 year old freshman
-Being threatened to be hit by a student
-Tons of paperwork and more paperwork
-Classroom management
-Taking a class each quarter while teaching and taking care of a 1 year old

I guess I really did have more highlights than lowlights. It was just a really tough year learning a totally new job with absolutely no training. I think that teaching is the only job where they stick someone in a classroom with no training and tells them to teach other people. It has been a challenging year. Everyone has told me that the 2nd year is a lot easier. We shall see.


After my last day, I went and got Bennett and we headed out to the bowling alley. Neil was having a little work event out there and they all wanted to see Bennett.

Here are Uncle Checkers and Bennett

Bennett was a little mad that he could not lift the bowling ball. He thinks that he can do anything.

Go Neil!

Yay! I love bowling.

1 comment:

  1. Neil nailed the 3 step approach. It sounds like an awesome year despite that crazy 17 year old freshman. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...