Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday

This morning I had to get up just like a regular school day and head to a workshop. The whole parish is switching to an A/B block schedule so we had to go learn how to do it. The only thing I took away from the 5 hour session was learning how to get out of a straight jacket...literally. Our hard earned money that is taken out for taxes was spent on a juggling magician. I don't mean to sound negative, but I really wanted to learn how to teach a 90 minute lesson! I will attend 2 workshops this Summer where I will hopefully learn the ropes.

After the workshop we headed to the Samples Crawfish Boil. Don Samples is my old boss from my Beneficial days. Since our entire company was shut down...we were both laid off. Don is one of those people that can be successful and rise to the top in any situation. He got a job at Chase and 2 months later he was a district manager...running the Consumer Lending department. Pretty awesome. They have an annual crawfish boil every year and we were invited. It was pretty different this year with a 17 month old. They have a pool and I was so scared that Bennett was going to make a run for it. He was in to EVERYTHING. We had a lot of fun and can't wait for next year!


Bennett thought the live crawfish were really something.
They have the best back yard for entertaining. They have a huge open area and a pool with a TV outside. Talk about fun.

Here is Diane, Don's wife. She is so sweet to Bennett.

Here are Don, me, Bennett, and Diane.

1 comment:

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...