Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lake Weekend

We had the best time at Black River Lake with the Buteaus and Smiths this weekend. The Buteaus have access to all these great vacation locations...it is so nice to be invited. Thanks Buteaus! We were in charge of breakfast and dessert. I bought a cake because we all have something to celebrate this weekend. The Montgomerys were supposed to come, but ended up having too much time away from home so they needed to stay home. We missed them! We had 2 anniversaries and 1 birthday to celebrate. I had the cake say "Happy Birthday Casey, Happy Anniversary Erinn & Trey and Lindsey & Neil." Bennett pulled it off the counter and it was destroyed. I was screaming "no no no no no!" He felt so bad he started crying. Poor baby.

Neil and Trey went down to do some work early Friday morning. I took off on Friday so we could get down there at a decent time. Erinn drove me, Bennett, Georgia, and her sister, Mary Catherine. Poor Mary Catherine was in the back with both babies in car seats. She deserves an award for that. I will have to say that I have had better car trips. Bennett would touch Georgia and she would get mad; she would touch him and he would get mad and so on. They watched about 6 different movies and ate anything and everything we could pass back to them. They were just ready to get out of the car seats. We left right during nap time in hopes that they might sleep the whole way. We got on the road at noon and they didn't fall asleep until 2:30. We had about 45 minutes of silence.

We arrived and got everything unloaded. We went for a boat ride and then went to dinner in Jonesville. We had a nice dinner at El Nopal.

The camp was so nice. They even brought the blow-up jumpy for the kids.

I used my new camera for these next few photos. A lot of the pictures look like I was trying to use the "use of thirds" photography technique. I'm not...Bennett just moves a lot!

I decided to do a little photo shoot. He wasn't into it.

It was a reversible outfit. I switched it mid-shoot. I just love how clear these pictures are!

Here are Shep, Bennett, and Georgia. They were watching Kung Fu Panda after dinner.

We were so excited to meet Mary Catherine's boyfriend, Austin. He was so nice and great with kids. He and Bennett played catch and swam together.

Shep was such a brave swimmer. He is only 3 and could jump in the water and swim around. It will be nice when Bennett can do these things. I just love an action shot.

I love this one!


He learned how to say boat this weekend. He would point to a passing boat and wave. He would say "Booooow."


We took the boat out for a spin this morning so the kids could tube. Cole was going with Shep this morning, but the boat ran out of gas. The boys had to swim the boat in to the dock.

The kids were in to EVERYTHING!

Bennett has no shame at all.

Erinn brought this pool for them. Mary Catherine was so much fun and was so sweet to play with the kiddos. She is a really good aunt.

I am so glad we were able to get a family photo.

My boating boys.

Oh and this was pretty much how Bennett acted on this trip. He hated this life jacket. On one of the boat rides he cried the ENTIRE 30 minutes. I think maybe he didn't like that he couldn't do everything the big kids could do. Who knows.

Bennett really loved playing with the noodles. I really loved this outfit that I bought last year on sale for $13.

After Bennett destroyed the original cake, I headed out to get new one. Happy Birthday Casey! (This was supposed to be a surprise for you!)
Overall it was a totally fabulous time. I did get fried on Saturday so I could not get any sun today. I don't know how it happened because I was wearing SPF 100!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! Where did you get the Whale swim shorts and shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast! You got some great shots with your new camera. Thanks for getting the cute cake, I'm so sad we couldn't be there to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. The photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO - it looks like you guys had a blast! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...