Friday, March 28, 2014

Firemen for a Day

Bennett's school has an auction every year to raise money for the school.  I was bidding on several items that I knew we could use.  I ended up winning 4 items!  Neil said that I didn't win...I just paid more than someone else.  Felt like winning to me!  Come to find out...Erinn was bidding on this "Fireman for a Day" trip too!

We were issued a "ride a fire truck" certificate so I scheduled it for Spring Break.  It was a ton of fun, but almost no one even knew we were coming for our ride.  The firemen were so sweet and let the boys (and Neil) do everything they wanted to do.

We arrived and one of the captains said to Bennett "what all do you want to do?"

Bennett said "see the play room, ride a fire truck, and squirt the hose!"  

The boys put on their boots and firemen helmets and we toured the place.
love this one!

They loved spraying the hose

I thought Henry's outfit was so cute with the red, black, and white!  Neil said that is not what firemen wear!

Thankfully the poles had cages around them.  Too bad Henry wanted to open them and slide down every time we walked by one.  Mama was nervous once again.

The firemen play room

ping pong in the play room

The firemen pulled a truck around and made the ladder go all the way up...and then one climbed it!

"Hi, fireman!"
Next, we headed down to where all the trucks were.  Neil loved playing with the jaws of life.

Another jaws of life that was apparently very heavy

oh, I love these boys!

Henry is such a big boy!  He wants to do everything like Bennett.  



Bennett learned how to spray the water in different streams and got us all wet!  He thought this was hilarious!

Next up, sitting in the firetruck!

BIG mom and the boys
Next, was our ride. They said "who wants to sit in the front seat?"  Bennett said "ME!"  He was THRILLED!  He climbed right up and put on his seat belt.  What a big boy!  He is so brave.

Daddy and Henry all strapped in and ready to go

Thanks for the fun, fireman.


Lastly, we got to slide down the pole.

Neil was a little bummed that he didn't get to slide down the pole from the top.  They told him he could but I guess he didn't want to go all the way back up.  Wonk, wonk.

Our boys had SO MUCH FUN!  I am so glad I splurged on this for them!  It makes me so happy to see them having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...