Friday, April 13, 2012

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

I am linking up with Kelly today for her "moms of all boys" link-up.  I am excited to get to know other moms of all boys through the blog world.  My boys are so precious to me and I can't think of a better way to talk about boy stuff than talk about them.



So, what does a mom of all boys do? I don't know that I am any different from any other mom.  I think all moms just want the best for their kids.  I think all moms just want to see their children grow up to be healthy, caring individuals.  I want my boys to grow up to worship the Lord, be good husbands, and leader of his family.  Is that too much to ask? I hope not.



Since my boys are young, we aren't really into a lot of sports and practices yet.  I assume we will be one day.  Right now our house is filled with trucks, balls, and superhero items.  I swore I would never allow my kids to have superhero toys or clothes.  Never say never!  Bennett loves to wrestle and play rough.  He can also be really sweet.  I have a tender-hearted rough-houser.  Henry is a total mommy's boy.  He loves to sit and play and smile.  He loves to be held and kissed.

Bennett says sweet things to me that I think only a boy would say like:

"Mommy, I'm going to buy you a pink monster truck...with batteries!"       (that is love people)

"Mommy, you are a princess!" (swoon!)

"Mommy, you're pretty." (so sweet!)

"Mommy, you are Stargirl and I'm Masterman." (I don't know who these people are, but I am pretty sure it's a compliment.)

And my favorite is when Bennett tells stories that go something like this: "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Spiderman..."



I love being a mom to just boys.  I think it's because I don't know any other way to be a mom!


12 comments:

  1. I love this and will have to do it. I love being a mom to two boys, Jackson (4) and Luke (6 months). I agree it is wonderful to have Jackson come to me and tell me I am his princess and that I look pretty! It makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I have 2 boys as well and if I could change it, I dont think I'd have it any other way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I also have two boys, Grant (4) and Owen (17 months). A few months ago, Grant told me that he wanted to marry me:) It was definitely one of the sweetest things I've ever heard! I LOVE raising little boys, even though they can be a hand full at times:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good gravy, your boys are too cute! I LOVE their names. I have an almost 4 yr old, a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old...all boys. Everything you wrote, I can totally relate with! Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family! I love all the sweet things Bennett says and the great idea of how to play with the leaf blower!! Too fun! Enjoy your adorable boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable!! I'm the mom of 5 grown sons♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys are just precious! And very close in age to my 2. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cuties! I love the wonderful things Bennett says to you.

    Stopping from Kelly's Korner. I am boy mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cuties! I love the wonderful things Bennett says to you.

    Stopping from Kelly's Korner. I am boy mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for BOYS and their sweet Mamas! Your boys are absolutely beautiful!
    Thanks for your sweet words on my blog...it's fun to link up and connect with one another :)
    Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww how sweet. We have tons of capes! For Christmas my grandma and I made both boys capes. Riley got a Spiderman cape and Sammy got a Thomas the Train cape. Hey, who says trains can't be superheros! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute boys! My little boys love to tell stories as well!! I love hearing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...