Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blush and Bashful Brunch

We had a wonderful women's ministry event at our church on Saturday.  I am on the women's team at church so I got to be a part of planning this fabulous event.  I have been talking to Leslie forever about getting Weiser to come and speak at a luncheon and it just blossomed from there.  I mentioned it to the team and they were excited!  Brenda, the committee leader came up with the fabulous idea to have the decorations centered on the movie, Steel Magnolias.  Each table had it's own theme from a different high points in the movie such as the beauty shop, Christmas festival, Easter egg hunt, and others. It was such fun to plan and see through.  

We were able to have a fabulous turn-out because of prayer.  Weiser wrote me a little note that said "I will be praying for all the women God will bring and please pray for me."  We were all praying for the women that would come and for Weiser.  It was just an awesome sight to see.  For about a month we only had 18 people signed up and we ended up with about 90 women in attendance!

Weiser delivered a beautiful testimony of God's love, provision, and healing power.  She told us about all of the "real life" things that go along with the movie.  Weiser was a close personal friend of the actual real life "Shelby."  I just love hearing her speak...it is always a wonderful experience!


One of the beauty shop tables.  We had pimento cheese and crackers on every table for the  appetizer.

Brenda made 5 armadillo cakes!


One of the Christmas tables

Lindsay did this "crow and firecracker" table.  This was taken from when Shelby's dad in the movie was shooting firecrackers in the trees to get rid of the crows!

Easter egg hunt table

Carol and me

The fabulous Weiser!

Ann and me

Our committee with Weiser: me, Weiser, Brenda, Jacqueline, Lindsay, and Sarah
This was the favor that each woman received.  It was a punch cup with cute polka dot tissue, scripture tea, and candy.  The scripture that was on each cup was Psalm 118:17 "I will not die, but live and will proclaim what the Lord has done."  This is Weiser's scripture for Susan, the real-life Shelby.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such an awesome event! Love the table decor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...