Friday, October 21, 2011

Got sleep?

We don't!

This post started out being about how frustrated I am with our lack of sleep around here, but I decided to change it up and talk about how thankful I am for this season in my life.

If I were getting my normal full night's sleep, I would probably not be able to be off work for an entire semester to take care of my family.  I just love having this fabulous time to watch Henry grow.  By the time Bennett was Henry's age (10 weeks), he was already in daycare and I was going back to my old, boring job.

I am so thankful that I get to take him to places like Gymboree, lunches with Daddy, and walks in the mornings.

I am thankful that if we need to, we can stay in our pjs all morning long!

I am thankful that when I feel frustrated, I just look at Henry's face and I forget how annoyed I was that he only took a 15 minute nap!



I am thankful that I am the one who gets to take care of Henry during the day right now and not a daycare worker.




I am thankful that I get to hear him coo, ohh, and ahh during the day.


I am so grateful for this season in my life!  I think it is a once in a lifetime experience for me to go 8 months without working.  I am LOVING it!

6 comments:

  1. I will pray for some rest for the Lewis fam! That face is really precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Glad you changed it!! He's adorable, BUT I'm praying you don't have too many 2am memories for his baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Lindsey! We had such an awful time with sleep with James for so many months. I thought I would lose my mind. I will be praying for more rest for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds, what a precious perspective change. I think all of us moms needed it :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you to get more sleep soon! Hey, I love your new blog design! Fiona :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...