Wednesday, May 18, 2011

27 weeks and a sick boy.



I cannot believe that I am in my 3rd trimester!  It is amazing how quickly this pregnancy has flown by.  Henry will be here before we know it!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 27 Weeks

Size of baby: 14.4 inches and 2.3 lbs (from i-pregnancy app)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 16 pounds (yuck!  I might not be posting weight gain updates anymore...)

Maternity Clothes: Mostly all maternity...I can still wear some regular shirts.

Gender: A beautiful boy! His name will be Henry William Lewis.

Movement: He is moving more and more every day.

Sleep: I sleep really well except for the bathroom breaks and tailbone pain.  I still feel very tired all day even when I've slept well at night.

What I miss: sleeping on my back

Cravings: Apple Jacks cereal (no milk) & fruit and yogurt parfaits, cold items (fruit and icees)

Symptoms: My tail bone pain has reached an all time high.  It was never this bad with Bennett.  At night it feels like it is going to rip apart.  I really have no way to get relief.  I looked up that cortizone shots may help...don't know if I can get one though!

Best Moment this week: Making it to trimester 3!  


I received a call today that Bennett was sick at day care.  They said that he had thrown up and needed to be picked up.  I ran around school and got someone to cover my last class.  I got to the day care about 20 minutes later and he has just gotten sick again!  Poor baby!  He messed up two changes of clothes and he came home in a child's size scrub top with red knit shorts!




I took him to the doctor and he kept saying "that yucky" and "I need a wipey!"  Poor thing.  He just wanted to wipe his mouth.  We were at the doctor for a nice 1 1/2 hours with not one other person in the waiting room. I will be switching pediatricians tomorrow.  They said it was just a bug and actually gave him some medicine for nausea!

We got home and he was totally acting like his normal self.  He went and changed his clothes...trying on EVERYTHING.  He even put on his shirt!  It might be backwards, but he was so cute I couldn't tell him.



We had a little bit of dinner and about 20 minutes later he said "Mommy hold you"  I knew he was starting to feel bad again because he NEVER wants to be hel.  He said "cover me up my head" and he wanted a "pallow."  Sweet boy.  He was asleep at 6:45.

4 comments:

  1. yay for 3rd trimester! Our pregnancies have gone by so fast!

    Poor Bennett! There is nothing worse than seeing your baby throw up! I hope he is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just switched from Mid-City Pediatrics to Pierremont Pediatrics and it was THE best move we've ever made! You can read about why we moved on my blog www.theprincessandherpeas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know it must be so sad seeing your little boy like that :-( hope he doesn't share his bug w/ y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Bennett! That picture on the couch with him laying on the 'pallow' is so pitiful but so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...