Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Fun with Friends

We had a very busy Saturday with friends.  I was up bright and early making sausage balls for a baby shower brunch I was hosting for Casey.  The shower turned out to be gorgeous!  Ann and Kelsey really outdid themselves with the decorations, food, and flowers.  We did a pink and green theme because it is so cute.  Casey doesn't know if she is having a girl or boy so we just went with fun, frilly, and girly...because Casey is a girl!

Here is the main dining room

This was the overflow table in the music room

I had to get a close-up of the beautiful table scape.  We all know how much I love a table scape.  This was my seat complete with a place-card.


Since Casey loved the idea we did for Erinn's shower for the favor...I tried to mimic it for her.  I just dipped pretzels in green chocolate and tied a bow and a label that said "please pray for Casey and Baby Montgomery the week of ______."


We started out with a fun sparkling cider in the living room while we waited on the guests to arrive.

Busy girls in the workroom

Hostesses and guest of honor: me, Ann, Casey, Erinn, and Kelsey

After a wonderful brunch and fun grandma stories from Ann..we got to have petits fours (mean little oven...thanks to my French speaking brother who taught me that and the correct way to spell it!) and the punch.  Casey opened her gifts while we had dessert.

Leslie and Camila



I think some people think she is having a girl!

You can never have too many gowns!

A fun group photo of all in attendance

We had a great time at the shower.  It was such a pretty one!


After Casey's shower, I tried to go to Nikki's shower.  She is having a baby girl the week before me!  I was too late for the shower. :(  Merideth was in town for Nikki's shower so we all got to go to lunch.  I was so glad to get to do this while Bennett napped!
Rebecca, Amy, Merideth/Molly, and me



We got home from lunch and got working on house stuff.  Janine and I successfully put all of Henry's clothes in his room and moved all of Bennett's stuff to his big boy room.  It was a job!  I am so glad she was here to help me.  We are just waiting on the drapes with black-out lining before we switch Bennett to his big boy room.  After all the house stuff, Neil and I went to dinner with our friends.  Janine came to spend the night since Richard is on a 17 day sailing trip with his brother.  She was excited to keep him.  Jay planned a fun evening for us at Toyko.   It was a great time, as always.  The only complaint I had was that it was about 1,000 degrees where we were sitting.  This does not make it very comfortable for the 4 pregnant girls at our table!
Back: Jared, Cole, Beau, Jay, Neil, Margaret, Chris, Lindsay   Front: Katie, Nikki, me and Leigh


HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE MIKE!!!  I HOPE IT IS A GREAT ONE!

1 comment:

  1. Casey's shower was super swanky! Looks like another fun weekend for the Lewis folks:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...