Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend 2011

We had a great Mother's Day weekend.  It was spent with family and friends...the best kind of weekend if you ask me.  On Friday night, we headed to Sam's to get Bennett's new bunk bed mattresses/pads/pillows.  He was so excited to see the stuff for his "big boy room!"  This is pretty much all we had time for on Friday because we were completely exhausted from the busy work week.

We got up bright and early on Saturday for a fun-filled day.  We headed to Ruston after Bennett got up from his nap.  He was excited to get to see Nana, Granddad, and the dogs!  Right when we get to Nana's he wants to immediately throw the ball to Otis or "O-is" as Bennett calls him.  He will say "I need the stick!"



We dropped Bennett off and headed over to Becky and Hunter Smith's house for their annual crawfish boil.  I didn't know too many of the Rustonites.  Beau said that it was the "who's who of Ruston" that attended.  I am sure Hunter would love to hear that!  We had a good time handing out with friends and eating the bugs. 
Here are the 3 preggos...Marge, me, and Leigh

Oh no, my face is starting to gain weight!...ick!


The newlyweds!

On Sunday before church, we stopped by Chili's to see Aunt Becky.  She had the nicest gifts for me and Baby Henry.  She is always so thoughtful to think of me.  I like how we all match in these pics!!


Bennett loves Aunt Rebecca!

We got home from church and had a nice meal waiting for us.  Richard is truly a grill master.  He has steak cooking down to an art.  The food was fabulous!  Thanks Richard and Janine!

I think Bennett's favorite part was the angel food strawberry shortcake.  Mmmmmm.

Here's a group photo of the Lewis Mother's Day event... Richard, Neil, Grim, Andrew/Bennett, Janine, Gigi, and, me (taken with self-timer)

Nana and her boy

The 3 moms...

We got home from Ruston on Sunday afternoon so that we could celebrate my mom!  Yippee!  She loved the little desk calendar that we gave her with pictures of the family on each month.

I was so tired by the end of the evening I had to put on my pjs.  Mom made me feel so special this Mother's Day!


Neil and Bennett gave me this wonderful new kitchen appliance for Mother's Day.  I have been talking about wanting to get a new faucet for months and they surprised me!  Yay!  Neil even installed it himself.

My installers did a great job.  Cute butts all around here.  As soon as Neil started looking under the cabinet...Bennett was right there beside him!


Bennett made this adorable little flower pot for me at daycare.  I LOVE IT!  He was so proud of it, too.  He kept wanting to "hold" it.


I can't believe that next Mother's Day I will have 2 babies running around!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I love that picture of Neil and Bennett underneath the sink. Link father, like son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant, "Like father, like son."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! Looks like you had a great weekend! Happy (Late) Mother's Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun weekend! I love the pic of the boys under the sink, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...