Monday, February 28, 2011

Celebration Dinner

We had pretty much one of the best meals ever after my graduation. Dad was so generous to take us to Mabry House for dinner. I booked it over a month ago to make sure we could get the chef's table in the kitchen. It was pretty much amazing.

One great part about the meal was that my brother came in to surprise me for my graduation dinner! I was in shock that he drove in from New Orleans just for dinner.

I was a little bit of a weird-o and took a picture of each course. Everyone had a different favorite.

#1-Scallop with olive tapanade...yum city!

#2-Baked Oysters (I didn't eat these to stay on the safe side so they gave me soft-shell crab)

#3-Tempura Duck with pomegranate glaze (surprisingly, this was one of my favorites)

#4- Smoked gouda and roasted tomato soup (Fantastic!)

#5-Salad (no picture)

Mom and FMJ

Neil and me

#6-Butter poached salmon with pea puree

#7: Chile rubbed Lamb (not my favorite)

#8-My favorite dessert at Mabry House...homemade blueberry ice cream stuffed beignets!

Group shot: Dad, Carolyn, me, Neil, Michael, Mom, Janine, and Richard
Me, Mom, and Michael with the chef.

us with our dad
It was a wonderful evening of fun and food. I hope I can go again one day. Maybe for my doctorate? Not a chance...I would not do that to myself!

3 comments:

  1. that place looks swanky!!! You have a such a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you loved it as much as we did!! Maybe we can all go together one day! I'm so happy your brother made the drive up so you could have all the family together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! Where is this place? I am so excited for you! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...