Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day Fun

We had the privilege of having our second snow day today. It was so wonderful to have a free day off with my boys. We had so much fun playing in the snow. I woke up around 2 am to look outside and didn't see any snow...I was like a disappointed kid. But, when we woke up for the day...there was so much snow!
We got all bundled up and headed outside to play. I realized that we do not really have a lot of matching cold weather gear. Bennett had his footie pjs on under his pants and jacket. I had on several layers and so did Neil. Margaret told me a good idea to put the ziploc bags on your hands to keep your hands from getting wet. It worked really well!
I used the self timer for this family shot. Neil let me borrow his not-so-attractive hunter cap thing. It kept me really warm!
Here is our street.

This boy loved the snow!

Neil made a make-shift sled out of a swim school sign. It worked a little. Our driveway isn't exactly steep...but it worked for us!

Daddy threw snowballs. This "snow" wasn't really able to be packed. The snowman we attempted fell apart.


We decided that 20 minutes was long enough to freeze, so I made some cinnamon muffins...Messy Aprons Style. I used the left over batter to make this big heart shaped muffin.
We had a lot of visitors on our snow day. Hunter, Beau, Amy, Marge, Chris, and Annabella all stopped by to visit.
For dinner, we headed to the Raines' for chicken enchiladas. They were fabulous! I think they will make it on my weekly dinner rotation. The kids had a fun time sliding. Annabella held Bennett and Drew on the slide. It was so cute!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a snow day. That heart shape cinnamon muffin thing looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...