Sunday, February 13, 2011

Productive Weekend

I am so glad that I am finally starting to get some energy back! We have been busy bees this weekend. Friday, Nana and Granddad picked up Bennett and spent some time with him. We all went to dinner and then they headed back to Ruston. I think this picture is so cute of them!

Saturday, Neil headed out to the camp to hang a gate with Scott. Amy had on a shirt similar to one that I have, so I put it on so we could be twinkies. She was so excited about this! We took Bennett to run errands with us. We started at Tower to pick up books for Amy's class. Then, we headed to Milling Around!

Since Milling Around was having a totally awesome 25th birthday sale...I decided to get all I could this weekend. Everything in the store was 25% off! I love getting a bargain. Amy was such a HUGE help to me. I always need a second opinion on everything. She even watched Bennett while we selected fabric. We took the cushion of our new chairs/couch to match the accent fabrics. I can't wait to get them...they ship on 2/28!

We ended up selecting this great fabric with a Suzani pattern on it. I really like it! This is going to be the fabric on my new ottoman. I wanted to do something bold on the ottoman and keep the fabric neutral on the couch in case I ever want to change it...I won't have to change the whole place.

Here are the accent fabrics. It was so great because Connie Aclin happened to walk in Milling Around while we were checking out. She looked at my stuff for the pillows and my kitchen windows. She agreed to make the pillows and window treatments. So, I sent all the stuff with her. Well, she came over today to measure my windows and guess what she brought? My pillows!!! I was thrilled because she didn't even have the stuff for 24 hours! I love them and think they will go great with my ottoman.

I was up bright and early this morning before 7 making Bennett's valentines. We went to Sunday school and Neil led the lesson! He did a great job, but he said that he didn't think we was called to teach. I was proud of him for stepping up to the plate! After Bennett went down for a nap, I put together all of the bags for his class while Neil went to Lowes. He bought a tree and wood for my laundry room cornice. He even built the cornice and planted the tree today!

I can't wait to cover it with my new pink leopard print fabric. I will post on that as soon as I find my staple gun! :)

I ran out and got a rod for our panels for the dining room and Neil had it hung before I got back from taking dinner to the Douglas'! He was mighty busy today! I am so happy with how it turned out.
It is so nice to finally start getting things together for our new house. I have just not been feeling up to shopping. So glad my energy is returning!

2 comments:

  1. LINDS! That Suzani fabric was one of my choices for the window treatment in my kitchen! I love it. You have such good taste! haha :) Cant wait to see what Connie does for our homes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is the 3rd time that I have attempted to post this comment, so if it doesnt go through, then I am going to just pick up our texting from this weekend! sooooo I LOVE the fabric you chose. That was one of the choices that is currently hanging on my window frame next to several others as I await the actual treatment installation! I am so excited. Your pillows turned out amazing. Just to let you know, they are the easiest thing to sew. If you have another pillow project, please bring your machine over and I'll show you how to do it yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...