Saturday, February 26, 2011

Graduation

Today was so totally awesome. I was thrilled to graduate with my Masters degree. It seems like it has taken forever. I started in the summer of 2009 and I have taken at least one class while teaching full time and having a toddler. It has not been an easy road, I have shed many tears to get to this point, and spent too much money...but I am FINISHED! I am not trying to sound like I am bragging, but I am just so glad.

We headed to Ruston on Friday night to spend the night with Neil's parents. Of course, they wanted to see Bennett. He had their house in a disaster in about 5 seconds. We happened to forget his pack-n-play in Shreveport so we had a not so wonderful night sleep. We gave Bennett his milk and walked him upstairs to Rebecca's room (where he usually sleeps) and he said "where my bed!?" We tried to get him to sleep on his nap mat, but that was a no go. He was in bed with us. A full size bed is not meant for 3.

On to GRADUATION DAY!:

We all got up and had Richard's fabulous blueberry pancakes. After getting ready, I headed to the nail place to get a pedicure. My feet were not ready for open toe shoes! We went to 102 a Bistro for lunch with Richard, Janine, Mom, and Bennett. I was supposed to be at the graduation at 12:45 and we didn't even get to the restaurant until 12! Oh well, all we did was stand around for 45 minutes in line.


Neil and me at the bistro

Neil ran me to the store to get my cap and gown. Janine was so nice to take it up there and steam it for me. This is me in the back room putting it on.

Here are the grandmas with their boy walking in to the graduation.


Here I am walking across the stage.

And here I am with my diploma.

Neil took some good pictures of the place.

Nana and a restless Bennett during the graduation.

They let Bennett take a few pictures...


Me and Dad after graduation. Yippee!




Bennett said "Mommy wear hat, Mommy wear hat!"

We had a little photo session when we got home so that I would remember the hood I got to wear.



I debated for a while on whether or not I would actually go through with the whole "walking" at graduation. I am so glad I did. I thought I might feel dumb being 29 in a graduation gown walking across the stage...nope! I just felt very proud. I am so glad that my family was there to celebrate with me. A BIG thanks to Neil for putting up with all of my crying and complaining about school!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your masters degree! I did not walk at mine and you made we wish as though I did. Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big congrats to you on completing your masters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! You give me some inspiration! I just started my MAT program this semester at NSU (a little sad about not being at Tech) and my husband is already listening to my complaints!! Glad you are done and in time for Baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Congrats girl! That's so great that you got that! What a relief you are all done now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Lindsey! I am so proud of you and happy for you! I love your shoes too. Oh, hey, I will be 31 when I graduate with my Masters! You look great, friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Lindsey! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again! I'm glad you decided to walk--it is something you should be very proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! i am sooooooo proud of you! I'll be done on April 29th and still havent decided if I am going to walk or not. Everyone tells me I should, but I just dont know! Seeing you inspires me just a bit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...