Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Grandparent's Day 2012

We celebrated Grandparent's Day today.  Grandparent's Day was actually last week, but Neil was out of town so we chose this Sunday.  Our kids have some pretty amazing grandparents.  They have 4 people that just love them to pieces and would do anything for them.  So we celebrated those 4 people along with Mamaw, Papaw, and Carolyn!

Here is the invite I made.  I hand-made each one and the entire time I was saying to myself "I am insane, I am insane!"
I was thrilled that Mamaw and Papaw (Nana's parents) were able to make it to Shreveport for the event.  We hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to have them over.

My theme this year was "thank you for helping us grow."  I just got it from any teacher appreciation week idea list but switched it to grandparent's day!  I didn't get to carry out my theme as much as I wanted...I just ran out of time!  I already have next year's theme in my mind and from the looks of (it in my mind) it's going to be SUPER!


the banner says "grandparent's day"
Bennett loved seeing all his grandparents!  Here he is reading with Gammy.

Bennett and Nana playing iPhone

The dessert was going to be so adorable, but gravity had to kick in and all the icing fell off the "flower" of the flower in the pot. 
Gammy and her boys


The Lewis boys all decked out in their Saint garb

Pops and the boys

Who Dat Nation!

Each grandparent receive a hand and foot print of the boys...it's supposed to look like a flower.  Carolyn's was mailed in from Chicago from her grandson, Reid.

Mamaw, Papaw, and the boys



2 comments:

  1. What a cute luncheon! I know all the grandparents must love to see what all you put together for them.

    I also love your statement necklace paired with the gold jeans (I just got some too) and Saints shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those Saints fans!

    Beautiful grandparents day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...