Friday, September 7, 2012

Gloria goes to school

I think I forgot to mention that we decided to keep Gloria.  She has really turned out to be a great dog.  The boys and Neil love her so I guess I have to, too?  Anyway, this was pet week at Bennett's new school.  I knew he would just love it if he could have her there for show and tell.  Neil said the best day for him would be Thursday at 8:45 am.  I took her to the groomer the day before and even had school colored bows put in her hair.  Neil thinks they look silly so he took them out!

So, Thursday arrives and it is a normal morning.  Neil got to Henry's daycare to drop him off and was met at the car by one of the workers saying they were having to shut down Thursday and Friday because of busted water pipes.  It was a total disaster.  I could just picture Neil with Bennett, Henry, and the dog showing up to show and tell!

Bennett was so proud saying "Gloria licks, but doesn't bite."
My boys and Gloria

Luckily Carolyn was available to save the day and keep Henry for us.  She met Neil at the house at 9:35 and kept him until I could get away from school.  Today, he is staying with a lady that I called and met yesterday.  It is really scary to leave your baby with someone you've met for 5 minutes.  But, a working mom's gotta do what a working mom's gotta do!

2 comments:

  1. How did you get Neil to take this picture? Did you make him?

    When I was in elementary school I got sick and my mom couldn't get off work so I had to go home with a stranger! Well, she was the mom of someone in my class, but I really didn't know her. She took care of me and looking back I am so thankful. I'm sure Henry was in good hands. Maybe the daycare will give you a refund for those two days:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep me in mind next time you need some last-minute help! i can usually rearrange our day if needed. if henry can sleep in a pack n play, he is always welcome to come play/nap with us for the day...i'm sure he and Mills would love each other :-) i'm serious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...