Monday, September 12, 2011

Henry (1 month)

I am going to try something with each of Henry's "month" photos that I saw on Pinterest. It is such a fun way to keep the fun monthly milestone memories.  Luckily I had this fabric for a background because his first month crept up on me!
1 month old!  Such a big boy!
We go to doctor on Wednesday so I will update stats then. (Borrowed from Casey's highlights)

Weight: 8lbs 4 oz (10th percentile)

Length: 20.5 inches (10th percentile)

Some things about our ONE month old:
  • Size 1 diaper
  • NB clothes fit perfectly, 0-3 month clothes are still huge!
  • Your eyes are still a dark blue, we think they will stay like Bennett's eyes.
  • You sleep most of the day and love to look around and watch your big brother when you are awake
  • You have reflux and we started you on Zantac twice a day last week.  This helped you to sleep 5 hours straight 1 night...this was a gift from God.
  • You are eating every 3 hours pretty much around the clock unless you decide to sleep through a feeding.  I am constantly "hooked up" to you for a good 8 hours a day.  We had to start supplementing a couple weeks ago with a 1-2 oz bottle of formula after each feeding.  You just weren't getting enough!
  • You are spoiled rotten!  You LOVE to be held.  Daddy is way better at getting you to sleep than me.  I love holding you in my arms at night in the chair in your room.  You sleep beautifully like this.  Sometimes I just have to hold you so that we can both sleep.
  • You started sleeping in your crib in your room from night 1.  We want you to be used to it and not switch your from room to room or bed to bed.
  • You are SO easy to take places.  You just sleep the whole time.  
  • I think you might have thrush right now.  Poor baby.  I think I diagnosed you from pictures from the internet.  Don't worry... I also called the doctor!  
  • You have already been to 2 birthday parties and are on the go...we take you everywhere and you roll with the punches nicely.
  • You are on Zantac for reflux and oral Nystatin for thrush...lots of meds at such a young age.  We just want to keep you healthy!
  • I love when you grip my fingers...this is one of my favorite baby reflexes.  I could just stare at you all day...sometimes I do!
  • You LOVE to eat.  You usually eat on each side for 12-18 minutes and then you want a bottle of about 1 oz of formula.  Feeding you takes about an hour or more and then you are ready to eat all over again 2 hours later!
  • People say you look like me, but when I pull up pictures of Bennett...you look just like him!


Henry




Bennett

    2 comments:

    1. Oh, Lindsey, he is so sweet! He is growing so big! :-) It was so good to see you the other day! I hope you love MOPS! Maybe our tables will get together soon for a playdate! That would be fun! :-) Well, I'll let you get back to staring at Henry & I may just go stare at Abram for a little while too! :-) Talk to ya soon!

      ReplyDelete
    2. henry is so so precious!! i've thought that he looks just like bennett from day 1 (in pictures, at least).

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...