Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grandparent's Day Luncheon

We had a totally fabulous Grandparent's Day celebration today.  Grandparent's day was actually last Sunday, but we had to celebrate my dad's and Neil's parents were in San Fran so we celebrated today.  The theme of today's party was popsicles because of the excellent grandparents book called Always Have Popsicles.  It is just a fun little book that has sweet little sayings and things that are just for grandparents.  Here are a couple: "make a toolbox for your grandson" or "teach them to play go fish."  It is really cute and I gave each grandparent a copy of the book with a set of plastic popsicle molds and a picture of the boys with the grandparent.  We had a fun time and I was so glad that everyone came over.  I found the entire menu on Pinterest and it was a hit.  I made artichoke crusted chickenParmesan knots, salad, and roasted potatoes.  A big fat thanks to Mom, Nana, and Carolyn for helping clean up.  I just don't think I could have done it without you!

This is what I felt like when it was all over!




This is the invitation.  I covered up our personal details with another piece of paper.  I call that thoughtful blogging!



I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby and plan to use it for one of Henry's monthly milestone photos.

placecards were popsicles




This little angel was so good while Neil and I set up everything.  Mom took Bennett to church while we worked!

I put all of Bennett's grandparents  in the kitchen with him.  

Aunt Becky playing with her nephews

I thought it would be good for Neil and Rebecca to sit with their grandmother.

Bennett passed out the gifts to the grandparents.






Everyone loved reading the fun sayings in the book.



Bennett liked gathering all of the popsicle molds for himself.



The only way we could get Bennett to look at the camera in the next few photos was by saying "do NOT look at the camera!"  And of course, my little defiant boy looked at the camera.
Perfect picture for Gigi's frame!

My sweet angel boys.

Perfect picture for Nana and Grandad's frame!



Matt and Rebecca

Gigi loves babies!
We are excited that Aunt Rebecca is staying with us tonight.  Hope Baby Henry doesn't wake her up!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun celebration! I love your theme and decor. That Popsicle book is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. how cute are you!?! LOVED IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, so much for me to comment on!

    1. Bennett & Henry put together some awesome grandparent parties!
    2. The alligator theme your friend has going on is SUPER cute!
    3. Bennett's class looks pretty diverse. He's going to be so culturally rounded.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...