Thursday, July 23, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Wedding Dress

This week Kelly is featuring wedding dresses! I don't have very many pictures of my dress on this computer, but here is what I have!

I knew I didn't want something too "Cinderella" because we were going to Hawaii to be married! After searching everywhere in Shreveport and Houston...we found my dress in a huge bridal shop in a tiny town called Brinkley, AR! It was the neatest place!

These pictures are ones that my cousin took at our reception when we got home from Hawaii in October of 2007.
It was ivory satin with beaded cap sleeves. The same beading is around the chest area and my back!
I really loved my dress! I wish I had a better picture on my computer to do it justice!

Here is the dress that I wore to our "official" wedding! We got married in May at the JOP. We were tired of waiting to be married! I thought Neil looked so cute in his seer-sucker suit! The tie he is wearing was his grandfathers. We even had a mini wedding cake.

I got this dress from Lewis' Boutique in Ruston. I had a little tropical bouquet made too! I wore Janine's diamond earrings for "something borrowed." The dress was my "something new." My ring was "something old." And "something blue" was the garter that Mom got for me!

All in all...they were both great days!!!

7 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You looked beautiful on both days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one Louisiana girl to another~ cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful in both dresses! I got mine in Brinkley also... so much fun! Also, we tried your recipe this week from a couple of posts ago and it was so yummy. I think we decided it's a keeper. I am still full from last night. Thanks for adding something new to our list of menu items :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all your wedding pictures..one of my favorite things to look at are wedding pictures...and your dress was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I am drawing for two giveaways on Monday with a fun post...so hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked beautiful in both! How fun to have 2 dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh....that ivory satin is gorgeous! And I guess everyone agrees that two is more fun than one!! Neil's tie is pretty rockin' too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...