Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cake Decorating 101

Oh Goodness. Mom and I are taking a cake decorating class at Michaels this month on Mondays. There is A TON of work to do to prepare for the class. I was 30 minuted late for class tonight because my class in Ruston did not get out until late. So, I sped home dropped off Bennett and got my supplies. Got to class and they had barely started! Anyway, long story short...we made the "Over the Rainbow" cake. Here are the pictures of mine, Mom's, and her co-worker Laurie's cakes!

Here we are working very hard on our curvy lines and perfect star procedures.

Mom was working very hard. Her cake will probably look the best.
Laurie's cake turned out great!
I wanted Dad to take the cake to his meeting, but we didn't get out of class until late. So, I wrote "Twin Cities" on it so Neil could take it to work. He didn't want to take the rainbow cake to work though. I don't know why!
And for the best cake of the night...Mom's cake! I'm just glad she let her creativity take charge!

9 comments:

  1. OOOOOO...pretty so jealous I want to take that class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Twin Cities cake, I hope Neil took it to work! The class looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm ... cake decorating class!!! Is it sad that I would LOVE to do this! Is it one class or several? Would I be behind because I missed the rainbow cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I think you are two classes away from being an "Ace of Cakes!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man! That looks like SO much fun!!! I can't imagine why Neil wouldn't take your rainbow cake to the office where a bunch of young guys work...??? Oh, they would have eaten it so fast, they wouldn't have even noticed what was on it!!! =) Can't wait to see what you do next class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what did you end up doing with the cake? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok I am caught up! :) Fun class now you can bake me a pretty cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! You did great! I bet tastes yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much fun! You inspire me to want to do more fun things. I guess that is why you're going to be a Home Ec teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...